Sim prep for potential Flex interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Frasca sim in Dallas area

So I got a call today from Pam at Flex setting up the phone interview for tomorrow. I guess if I don't manage to screw it up somehow tomorrow I'll have an interview coming up soon. You guys have convinced me not to spend money on renting a Lear sim. However, last time I flew was in December last year so I'd like to do some prep in a sim. Does any one know where I can rent a Frasca sim in the Dallas area?

Obviosuly, since I haven't had the phone interview yet I'm not sure when the face to face is (if invited) but I guess it could be as soon as in a couple of days on next Monday. Obviously time is pretty tight and I would appreciate quick replies.

Btw, what can I expect to pay for ah hour in a Frasca?

Any tips on the phone interview? I have studied the gouges on aviationinterviews.com.

Any help much appreciated,

FZ

Be yourself! Pam is a great lady and just wants to get to know you and know more about your resume. Ask questions and relax!!

Hey and remember, put full and steady pressure on the rudder pedals when on the ground, you positive pressure in both feet when steering it on the runway, it will go mad on you. And hey I crashed the sim in my interview and I got the job! (no one warned me about the rudder issue in the Lear 31a sim!, so first take of f was classed as practice, but we got a good laugh)

Dont sweat the sim, I hadnt flown a old fashioned six pack instrument panel for a long long long time and made it, its actually very simple, in the V1 cut keep it on the centerline, and then when its straight it will be time to rotate, dont rush. We were briefed before the sim about the whole thing (except the rudder!) , and given a lesson on holding without a FMC. Ask questions too in the sim, listen to the instructor pilot running the thing.

Saying this, out of 7 in my interview day, only 3 got thru, and when I was in training it seemed 50% didnt make the interview solely on the sim. They will tell you why you didnt get the job the next day too which is great.

Good luck, its a great interview experience you will find.

for a good sim. in dallas call skymates in arlington good piece of equipment good people.....
Congratz. on the interview, how long does it takes to get the call these days???
Thanx good luck.

when i did my phone interview it was more of a let you know about the job type of deal. To make you understand that this is a different type of flying than airline, charter, etc...

Also to let you know what the company is offering. Be yourself, relax, and let us know when your schedule for the face to face.

for a good sim. in dallas call skymates in arlington good piece of equipment good people.....
Congratz. on the interview, how long does it takes to get the call these days???
Thanx good luck.

Thanks for the tip on the sim. Will check it out..

I had a friend of mine walk it in about three weeks ago. Got the call today from Pam when I was at the 11th fairway during a round of golf with the same friend. My game improved somewhat after the call :p.

Looking forward getting a chance to move on from present equipment and furthering my skills in aviation .

FZ

Best of luck to you FZ. I like reading stories like yours. Your persistance paid off and you are now being rewarded. Do good, you earned it.

Thanks for the tip on the sim. Will check it out..

I had a friend of mine walk it in about three weeks ago. Got the call today from Pam when I was at the 11th fairway during a round of golf with the same friend. My game improved somewhat after the call :p.

Looking forward getting a chance to move on from present equipment and furthering my skills in aviation .

FZ

Fractional flying will really hone your skills. It is easy to get lazy in a CRJ landing on 150 ft wide runways. You will be going into uncontrolled fields with 75' wide strips and a stiff crosswind and every other challenging environment!!
You will be challenged, rewarded and at times pissed (the good type). Have fun and cheers- Rum

Best of luck to you FZ. I like reading stories like yours. Your persistance paid off and you are now being rewarded. Do good, you earned it.

Thanks 7777 for your encouragement. It sure would be nice to finally get to the level of flying which was the whole reason for me starting this trip some eleven years ago..

FZ

Fractional flying will really hone your skills. It is easy to get lazy in a CRJ landing on 150 ft wide runways. You will be going into uncontrolled fields with 75' wide strips and a stiff crosswind and every other challenging environment!!
You will be challenged, rewarded and at times pissed (the good type). Have fun and cheers- Rum

Thanks Rum

Well, for the most of my career I can't really say I've had the luxury of flying to 150' fields. I have been happy to get 50', but that's not in a jet obviously. Lots of small uncontrolled airfields and the last year's flying I have been trying to find small remote dirt strips in the middle of Sahara where everything is pretty much yellow. Thank god for GPS. Not quite sure how the old timers did it in that kind of environment back in the days..

FZ

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back