Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyzimex

Hi fliers

I have my application in with Flex and am hoping for a call soon. Since I'd like to be as prepared as possible I thought I'd rent an hour in a Lear sim at SimuFlite in Dallas, where I live. I have read the gouge on Flex and understood the rudder controls are rather sensitive. Would be nice to not have it come as a total surprise when things matters.

So my question is, which one of the Lear sims would be the best one to go with for this purpose? Or does it not really matter?

Thanx,

FZ

Something very, very slow, DHC-6 Twin Otter. Only jet experience is in a Fokker 28 sim at an interview several years ago. Been thinking about doing some LR45 flying at MS Flight Sim, but it will naturally not provide the same feeling.

Bone up on your aerobatics, and bring your parachute!

Sorry, don't have a chute. If something goes wrong in the Twotter we simply take it down to 3' AGL, select full flaps and step out.

:laugh: Now that's some funny sheit..man. Good one!!:laugh:

Don't waste your money on the sim. Waste of money. Just be sharp on your IFR skils and you will do fine. They don't expect nor require you to know power settings or anything of that nature. Just keep localizer and glide slope within one dot and you got it made. they even put the flaps and gear down for you.

I also do not think it will be worth your money. I went to my local flight school and rented a frasca for a few hours.

Plus, I am not sure that the sim eval is even in a lear. I have heard of people getting the 604.

Yeah, just fire up MS Flight sim and fly a jet ...just to get your scan back up to speed. Doesn't matter what kind just to get used to glass.

And maybe fly the king air around at jet speeds to get used to a six pack.

That is what I did...with the cheapest joystick they had at walmart.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back