Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cl604driver

ICE MAN
The biggest way to save money on fuel is to stay away from signature flight support. 5.96 a gallon yesterday in SFO talk about f**king price gouging. We all should stick together and boycott buying fuel and or even going to their fbo unless it is a absolute must. I dont ever buy gas there and never will, and avoid them at all cost. I hate them with a passion

5.52 in BWI, and that was PRE-Katrina. We topped off (heading to FL), but didnt make their minimum gallon upload, so we were still charged the "handling fee" ($160?). :eek:

i thought everyone felt this way but I work at an FBO that competes with signature on the field and although we have brought in a chunk of their business, signature still gets some good traffic. They will continue to dominate if people give them the business. Also our prices are significantly less and we have a brand new facility and bigger ramp.

We do avoid them like the plague unless we have no choice and usually the ramp/handling fee is less than their ridiculously priced fuel. We have even tried to work out an arrangement for a "fair" ramp fee versus using other fbo's but they apparently do not care.

There's no such thing as a quick turn @ Signature. Notice that they stick to airports with little or no competition (CLT,IAD, etc.). They have been price gouging for years. But what gets me the most is you cannot just drop someone off, and go. You have to come inside and go through all the paperwork. What a mess!

Yup, Signature No Support sucks.

Did you notice that they are no longer in the top 5 FBO chains according to Profilactic Pilot?
I guess they stopped paying off the right people.

FF:)

gear_guy said:
There's no such thing as a quick turn @ Signature. Notice that they stick to airports with little or no competition (CLT,IAD, etc.). They have been price gouging for years. But what gets me the most is you cannot just drop someone off, and go. You have to come inside and go through all the paperwork. What a mess!

I agree with you completely however you can breath a sigh of relief. Signature is no longer the FBO at CLT. I hope that makes you feel better. Makes me feel better. Maybe the service will get better

Finally, others who voice their displeasure with Signature. Other airports should follow CLT's lead and make a change to increase services. Judging from the reviews on airnav, Wilson Air Center is miles ahead of Signature @ CLT! All you can do is not use them and discourage others not to as well.

Latest resources

Back