• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Signature Flight Support F$$K YOU!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Many years ago, just after Butler and Page merged to create Signature, I was at DET. Normally we did not purchase fuel at DET because they did not have government fuel. However, on this occasion the weather was right at minimums at ORD, our next stop, so I decided to upload more fuel due to the delays going into ORD.

We were not parked on their ramp, as it was too small back then for a 727. We were parked on a taxiway just south of their ramp. The FE called them on Unicom and order the fuel.

After about 20 minutes they had still not come out and there was no activity on their ramp. The FE decided to walk over to the office and find out why they had not sent out a fuel truck.

I watched the FE walk to the FBO office and after about five minutes two guys come running out of the office, jump into the fuel truck and speed to us. After being refueled the truck drove off and I saw the FE come out and walk back to the aircraft.

After he gets back to the cockpit, he looked at me and said; "Well, you might as well write me up now, because sure as hell I'm going to be in trouble when we get back."

A little puzzled, I ask why he thought he was in trouble.

"Well, when I walked into the office, there was one guy behind the counter reading a magazine and two other guys in a small office behind him watching TV. So I asked the guy behind the counter what the deal was on not getting a fuel truck. He told me that they were kind of busy and would get to us in a little while."

"I looked out the window, saw three fuel trucks just sitting there and the re-fuelers watching TV. Then I noticed a sign on the counter with a phone in front of the sign. The sign read; Welcome to the New Signature. We're here to help you with all your aviation needs. If you have a problem, please use the phone by the sign and call us."

"So, I picked up the phone, some guy answered and I told him what was going on. About a minute later, a phone behind the counter rang, the guy put down his magazine and answered the phone. Then his eyes got real big, he said "YES SIR!", yelled at the two guys watching TV to get off their butts and go refuel that 727."

"Then I paid for the fuel and came back out."

I told the FE that not only was I not going to write him up, but would give him an 'attaboy' point.

And you know what, until they moved the FBO to where it is today, we never had another problem with Signature at DET.

I'll tell you another place that Signature sucks, BWI.

I'm not a corporate or fractional guy so my dealings with Signature have been rather limited, but in the last 2-3 years I have used Signature at Palm Springs 3-4 times for overnight parking of an RV. The facility and people were very nice, but it's the pricing that blows me away. Yes, their fuel is waaay overpriced. For overnight ramp parking, I'm okay with a tiedown or parking fee. But what's up with their "handling" fee for an RV-8? They didn't handle anything, I parked and tied down on my own. I know I can waive it by buying 8-10 gallons of their expensive gas, but still, it's just a stupid add-on fee for not even touching or "handling" my plane.

The worst part of Signature PSP was when I needed a quart of oil... nothing fancy, just a quart of Aeroshell 100. "That'll be 14 dollars please." 14 bucks for 1 quart of oil. Insane. I told 'em no thanks, I don't need it that badly.

In Crapus Christi..... I was surprised to find the Signature ramp/handling fees were $300 less than the fees at Atlantic

And their minimum upload to waive said fees was 200 gals as opposed to the 500 gallons required at Atlantic.

:eek:

Well now that the cat is out of the bag I bet the manager at Corpus will get fired and things will be back to normal soon!

I freakin hate Signature. Ripoff artists extraodinaire!

I will say a lot of Signature's have actually LOWERED their prices... still expensive but oh well... At least they have their new reward program that seems totally worthless...

"At Signature, service is just a word we use..."

BOS had a minimum uplift of 1000 gallons @ $6.75 or pay a $1000 ramp fee for a DA-50 last week. And that's for a Signature base customer...

Anyone forcing you to fly into an airport with just a Signature?

Did you propose a cheaper stop?

At that point what more can you do?

DCA and BOS are just way more convenient than IAD and BED, Signature knows it and any business would do the same thing....so shut up and pay if you want the convenience.

Every one-horse show does the same thing - fuel in Napa, CA - $5.75/gal....fuel in OAK/BUR/VNY etc....$3.35.

We save everywhere we can and offer alternatives, after that I really dont care. I never understood getting emotional over FBO/Fuel prices.

Latest resources

Back