• Start date
  • Watchers 33

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm a Million Air fan. Last two trips I wound up at Million Air (LUK then AVL) and we got a brand new forest green Jaguar courtesy car both times. :D

Niiiiice! :)

Minh

How about Signature DET (Detroit) The tower comes complete with bullet holes! Ghetto Signature should be the real name. Don't worry though, they still charge $160 for a light turboprop handling charge.

Now this is a complete rumor, but........... I heard from a line guy at one of the Jet Aviation's that Jet is trying to aquire the lease for the BOS FBO. One can only hope.......

Did good ole' Ted Kennedy choose not go throught the metal detector because he was afraid he would not be able to squeeze his bloated beurocratic arse through?

Geronimo4497 said:
Did good ole' Ted Kennedy choose not go throught the metal detector because he was afraid he would not be able to squeeze his bloated beurocratic arse through?

Believe it or not, I asked him that same exact question and he drunkenly answered, "Yes."
:)

Going the other way

I'm going to go the other way here. I do a lot of flying out of Jax for Navy Contract missions... flying Lear 35/36. Usually go to NAS Jax per the contract, but dump in to Jax Int'l sometimes. Signature there pretty good. Always there to greet, smiles around the desks, helpful ladies... oh, and fresh cookies and water. Nice quick turns if you need them too.

Signature is awful. HPN in general is awful. I can't imagine the two together.

In DSM there's Signature and Elliott. Talk about night and day, not only in attitude but in pricing. I used to work the ramp back at another airport, and it is hard work, but you work there because you like planes and you enjoy talking to pilots and shooting the bull. If you don't like it, then go work at Home Depot. You'll get paid more anyhow.

Mmu

Well, I'm not a complete tool. I give another thumbs up to Signature MMU. Always helpful and always a cute young gal at the front desk wearing a smile!

TDTURBO said:
Looks like the lawsuits are piling up against Signature, it's about time.

Wonder if they can be sued for charging you out the wazuu for fuel? A$$ rape is a crime in most states.

YEP signature is numba 10

I agree, signature generally SUCKS big time. Can't say every experience is bad but more indifferent or bad, than good. And you get the indifferent/poor service while they are laying it to you with ramp fees and service fees (without the common courtesy of a reach around!). I loved it when we were in Austin in the summer (read blazing hot). We don't have an APU so we need grnd pwr to run the A/C to pre-cool the aircraft. The capt called 1 1/2 hrs before to get the pwr cart. Of course when we get there another plane has it and that is their ONLY one. Only ONE GPU in blazing hot Austin in the summer. WOW I was bowled over by their great service. I would think with their disgusting ramp/service fees they could afford another one or two gpu's.

Now on the other hand, we went into Madison Wisconsin the other day. Madison aviation I believe. Fantastic service, nice friendly line guys, lots of free stuff for pilots, a resturaunt. With a sign on the door as you enter from the ramp that says "WE DON'T CHARGE RAMP FEES, WE PREFER TO EARN YOUR BUSINESS". Now that is customer service! I wish we had more trips there just to give them more business.-kingaira90

No one has mentioned SFO yet?

I was there the other day. Jet A $5.42 a gallon. Fees were $400.

I was there for all of two hours, and it took the entire two hours to get ONE newspaper (that's all they had) coffee and ice. Couldn't get a carpet or a vacuum, or a crew car either. And, when time to leave, think I could find a GPU or a rampie to pull chocks, monitor engine start or guide me out? NOPE.

I really like the guys behind the desk, but they always seem so overwhelmed. I think they must be understaffed on the ramp, because I've never seen more than one guy out there at a time.

Signature Flight Support

Mates,

I'm with you all in regards to Signature ... I avoid them at all costs! There is one Signature location, however, that is pretty good and that is AUS. Those folks are kind, warm and their prices are in line with industry and location.

TransMach

Latest resources

Back