Sign of the coming hiring boom

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flyer1015

The ATA no longer exists under that name. They are now called Airlines for America (A4A)

Go the the NTSB accindent records check the ages of the PIC's, better than 99% are under age 60. http://unitedflyingoctogenarians.org/ check these guys out they have a fantastic safety record.

It is kinda like the cry to get older people off the hi-way, every time a old person runs a stop sign it is front page news how dangerous they are, but the most dangerous age group in the under 25 driver, but there are so many incidents with them unless they hit a school bus we never hear about their accidents

That doesn't mean their age is a causal factor...

Since probably 99% of the pilots are under 60, I would expect 99% of the accidents to involve pilots under 60.

Speaking of which, I'm looking to pay some more of my dues. I've got about 8300hrs, 6000 turbine PIC. I also have a number of years of international experience. So far, in the US, the only people I can get to touch me are regional airlines. Now I discover I can't get anywhere without turbojet PIC.

I was really hoping to see some of the Falcon 20 freight places opening up, but it seems none of them are advertising currently.

Speaking of which, I'm looking to pay some more of my dues. I've got about 8300hrs, 6000 turbine PIC. I also have a number of years of international experience. So far, in the US, the only people I can get to touch me are regional airlines. Now I discover I can't get anywhere without turbojet PIC.

I was really hoping to see some of the Falcon 20 freight places opening up, but it seems none of them are advertising currently.

This will continue to happen until you reach equilibrium between excellent connections or taking another position with your target company and attack those goals from the inside!!!!!!

Yeah. I really can't complain too much. Worst case scenario: I deal with year one and two pay at some regional and ride up the seniority list. I still have 30 years of career ahead of me. You never know what next week holds, anyway. I've made it this far without being laid-off, furloughed and making very good money.

Speaking of which, my company is picking people up. Feel free to PM me, and I'll help as I can, as I am a strong believer in the power of good karma. We need you to have a security clearance, and I advise against coming over if you have any family issues.

Its more difficult to build time now than it was 30 years ago. Back in the hey days of aviation, buying a aircraft or into a aircraft partnership was easy. Many pilots didn't have to quit a good paying job to build time or if they desired to instruct this task was possible as well.

Latest resources

Back