• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
urflyingme?! said:
Partypoker.com
IF YOU DARE
$10/1 tournaments are cool there

I'd recommend Pokerroom.com -

Its better when it comes time to pay out. Also, you can start with less cash. :)

I do additional flying jobs on the side, or seasonally, or by leave of absence (occasionally not by choice), and some consulting, and occasional flight instructing. I turn wrenches, sometimes a great deal, lately not a lot.

Times past I've done a lot of side jobs in addition to flying. Always turned wrenches on the side. I've swept supermarket floors, worked as an armed and unarmed gaurd, delivered flowers, packed parachutes, substitute taught high school, telemarketed (I hate telemarketing and telemarketers, and years later still feel the need to repent for having done it) and whatever else I could find. I cleaned a cineplex for a time, and was actually making more money doing janitorial in theatres than I was flying at the time. Plus all the popcorn I could eat. (Which was more than I was eating based on my flying wages back then).

Buy and sell on ebay. Make log furniture. Write for a magazine or newspaper. Juggle on street corners and put down a hat. Become an expert whitness in court cases. Get a specialty flight rating and instruct (there are only a handfull of gyroplane instructors who have the FAA waiver for experimentals...wide open market there). Learn to hate and become a paid speaker on the Ku Klux Klan lecture circuit. Lots of choices out there, some better than others. Find something that suits you and go with it. Put an add in the local paper offering to do oil changes at folks homes...you do it right in their driveway. You'll have more business than you can handle, on your own terms and time. Your only limit is your own creativity.

400ACapt said:
Just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas for some good side jobs while not flying. Also, if anyone knew of a website that listed jobs that you could bid on and complete from home? They would post the job and you would bid on how much you would complete the job for. If you won the bid they would send you the material to complete it and you would send it back when finished. Thanks for the input.

Try this...
http://elance.com/

Good Luck!

400ACapt said:
Just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas for some good side jobs while not flying. Also, if anyone knew of a website that listed jobs that you could bid on and complete from home? They would post the job and you would bid on how much you would complete the job for. If you won the bid they would send you the material to complete it and you would send it back when finished. Thanks for the input.

open a specialty coffee/sandwich shop

I just recently payed like 35 dollars to get lists of companies that whant your opinions, filling surveys.From home .With a computer

I have already filled like 50 but still not one cent in my pocket.

Last edited:
Any chance of flying part-time for a past employer? Before Horizon, I flew for Ameriflight, & left on good terms...so when I got bored on reserve & needed some spare cash I went back & am now doing part-time-on-call work for them on my days off from Horizon. Of course this requires that you're not regularly bumping against flight time limits, & make sure the rest works out, & your current employer is ok with it. But, the flying is a lot funner than you'll remember it being back when you were dreaming of that elusive airline job... <g>

Latest resources

Back