• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SIC Type Rating?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The SIC type rating was mentioned today in XJT's Senior flight ops director's voicemail (something XJT does to get info out to the pilot group weekly). He said it would not require additional training beyond the normal PC. Also stated that all FO's would have the ammendmant to their cert. within 18 mos. I believe.

Exept for the fact that it doesnt mean a thing. Its just going to be a visible way for some one to look at your certificate and see that you have been trained as an SIC.

Big Freegin Deal...

It's an ICAO thing. As previously stated, most foreign carriers due this anyways. Original date to have all the paperwork sent by the brainiacs at the FAA was around Sept 20. My understanding, is that this date was driven more so by the "GA" side of the FAA without much consulting of the 121 side. (Left hand, meet right hand.) Don't be surprised to see that pushed. The paperwork submitted to the FAA will be filled out by a training manager or APD on the fleet. For those new hires, it's still just a 441 PC ride. You just now get a certificate that says SIC rated. It's more of a paperwork issue to get everyone standardized. It really doesn't change anything for training or checking.

Regional4life said:
It's an ICAO thing. As previously stated, most foreign carriers due this anyways. Original date to have all the paperwork sent by the brainiacs at the FAA was around Sept 20. My understanding, is that this date was driven more so by the "GA" side of the FAA without much consulting of the 121 side. (Left hand, meet right hand.) Don't be surprised to see that pushed. The paperwork submitted to the FAA will be filled out by a training manager or APD on the fleet. For those new hires, it's still just a 441 PC ride. You just now get a certificate that says SIC rated. It's more of a paperwork issue to get everyone standardized. It really doesn't change anything for training or checking.

It's true that the training documents will need to be certified by a company official; however, the applicant will still need to fill out a 8710 form and appear in person to an APD or FED to get the new temporary certificate. This is going to be a huge hassle for everyone - including the FAA!

Last thing I saw indicated that the date would not be adjusted, but that doesn't mean in the end it won't.

Tank Commander said:
If you are the sole manipulator of the controls as the “RATED” SIC of the A/C can you log PIC time????

Sorry...but no. The type rating will have a limitation after if of "SIC Privileges Only".

Tank Commander said:
If you are the sole manipulator of the controls as the “RATED” SIC of the A/C can you log PIC time????
NO! So you can put your weiner(vienna sausage) back where it belongs!
PBR

PBRstreetgang, just a question that I know will come up. Your dog looks like he wants your weinner (vienna sausage) again. You should really stop teasing him........I made a living for 18yrs on chewing a$$
and word games go play with your dog.

Latest resources

Back