• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shuttle launch viewing location???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
nope, not flying, flechas. my parents just got in tonight and brought a buttload of furniture and stuff. i'll be hanging with them. plus, b/c of the the flight restrictions, epic won't let students fly w/out a CFI in the airplane, just to avoid hassles and screw-ups. some time this week, though, i want to be able to take my dad up and show him around. but as for tomorrow, i'll probably just be on the beach with my parents looking south for smoke trails. or are they chemtrails....? CONSPIRACY!!! :D

cforst513 said:
nope, not flying, flechas. my parents just got in tonight and brought a buttload of furniture and stuff. i'll be hanging with them. plus, b/c of the the flight restrictions, epic won't let students fly w/out a CFI in the airplane, just to avoid hassles and screw-ups. some time this week, though, i want to be able to take my dad up and show him around. but as for tomorrow, i'll probably just be on the beach with my parents looking south for smoke trails. or are they chemtrails....? CONSPIRACY!!! :D

Go to either New Smyrna Beach or to the Ponce Inlet, you'll be able to get a good view of the launch.

Larger than normal TFR for tomorrows launch. I dont think i have ever seen it 40miles out from the surface to fl180.

Last shuttle launch I saw was on final to 18L in MCO. Talk about a distraction... The whole cockpit was looking at the shuttle, good thing Nigel was coupled on the ILS... :D

User997 said:
I bet thats a pain for the Center controllers on launch day as well having a 30NM no fly zone right in the middle of the west coast of Florida!

Lat time I checked, Cape Canaveral and the Kennedy Space Center are located on the EAST COAST of FL.

I guess this is better than the American Super 80 FO who broadcast "folks, out the window on the left you can see the Johnson Space Center" while we were climbing out of MCO. When we arrived in BOS, I asked him how he got to Houston so quick and still made it into BOS on schedule.

I live in Titusville....lots of people here for this viewing, we were told to expect 250K people!....anyway, we have several nice boating areas with public ramps real close to the Space Center, you are permitted to anchor your boat out on the indian river which will give your a very nice view!....

Check HDNEt on tv to see if they are covering the lauch in your area, the video is fantastic.......Local Central florida channel 1302 on Brighthouse networks....

Just checking the weather.....we have 3 1/2 hours to go and there at TCU's all over the cape bouy info out 20 nm shows >2 knts out of 110...we need that sea breeze to pich up pretty soon to move these cells towards MCO by 20nm or this will probably be scrubbed....

Speaking of the TFR......F16..wow!

i dont know if someone just busted the TFR here...would not surprise me...happens all the time....But I just had a F-16 do what looked like a 6 or 7 G turn over my house at about 1500 AGL......he was in a hurry!

Free Airshow today.......Lots of Military flying around the area....

I live 140 miles SW near Fort Myers and have seen many day light launches on a clear day

cforst513 said:
I'm located about 58 miles north of melbourne in new smyrna beach. do you think, if it's a clear day, that if i was up "doing maneuvers" that i might be able to catch a glimpse of the shuttle blasting into space?

About to walk out the door to head to the Space Center now, hopefully its not too late to talk to whoever I need to talk to to get onto the VAB roof to watch. If not, I'll find some other place.

Good luck STS-114.

Just announced.....Launch has been scrubbed. Technical problems with fuel sensors.

Latest resources

Back