Shuttle guys!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BlackPilot628 said:
If Shuttle breeds YOUR kind of Attitude, hell no we don't want to deal with you.

Ironic that it was only pure chance that you ended up on the CHQ end and not the Shuttle end... And you're already deeply into the "us vs. them" mentality.

I.P. Freley said:
Ironic that it was only pure chance that you ended up on the CHQ end and not the Shuttle end... And you're already deeply into the "us vs. them" mentality.

I am on the Shuttle America side actually. I have no problems with the buy out and welcome the the SF34 guys with open arms; but i was hired by CHQ when I interviewed back in April and I'm on a CHQ seniority list, so for now i'm a CHQ pilot.
I have nothing against the SF34 guys and I was not making and have not made any negative comments towards them. There is nothing we can do about the integration of seniority list, that is something that is out of the pilot groups hands now.

This thread serves no useful purpose, except to provide cheap entertainment. I personally think we should quit this whole pilot biatching crap. We are all pilots, we all do the same jobs, no one is better than anyone else for where you work or the aircraft you fly. Lets all remember that at the end of the day this is just a job and we are all trying to survive.

idratherfly4283 said:
This thread serves no useful purpose, except to provide cheap entertainment. I personally think we should quit this whole pilot biatching crap. We are all pilots, we all do the same jobs, no one is better than anyone else for where you work or the aircraft you fly. Lets all remember that at the end of the day this is just a job and we are all trying to survive.

I couldn't agree more!

blackpilot628. . . you are not a CHQ pilot. . . you are just in their list. . . second, check your ID. . You are a Shuttle America Pilot. . . If you are not, you will be wearing a different ID.

Skull1 said:
blackpilot628. . . you are not a CHQ pilot. . . you are just in their list. . . second, check your ID. . You are a Shuttle America Pilot. . . If you are not, you will be wearing a different ID.

I'm not having this argument with you. I'm a CHQ pilot and I was hired by CHQ. Just like half of our Senior capts and FO's that are flying the E170 for CHQ are now going to SA or RP, because they have no choice. Those guys are CHQ pilots. If you are flying the SF34 now for Shuttle America, you to will become a CHQ pilot. (or a Republic Holdings pilot) Just to help your ego a little bit, Republic holdings as applied for a special wavier for everyone of us to have 1 ID. This will more than likely be approved when RP gets up and flying in November. (So CHQ/RP POI says) So Skull1 you will have another new ID that says, "Republic Airways" and you will again be a CHQ pilot. But, there again; does it really matter? NO!

I'll see you on the line!

BlackPilot628 said:
I'm a CHQ pilot and I was hired by CHQ. . Just like half of our Senior capts and FO's that are flying the E170 for CHQ are now going to SA or RP, because they have no choice. Those guys are CHQ pilots.

Last I checked CHQ was getting rid of their E170's. So if you want to be a CHQ pilot, change your profile to say E145. You are a Shuttle America pilot. I am a Shuttle America pilot, and if you aren't sure, call your CP, or your dispatcher, they are both in FWA, at the Shuttle America HQ, they will tell you who you work for.

CHQ did not hire you. You interviewed at their HQ because that is where every one of the Republic Airways Holdings pilot interviews takes place. Get your head out of you ar$e and face reality, you are NEW SHUTTLE, and that is what you are.

P.S.: That attitude must be taught in ground school, because you sure did get it quick!!!

Last edited:
SlapShot said:
What is so funny about that?

You are BRAND NEW and you think you deserve more then the people that have beaten by this company for more then 2 months? You think because we fly the POS SAAB we do not deserve to have the "new IDs" or a "Republic lanyard"? I have news for you; some of us even have Republic crew tags.

I do not know if Chautauqua breeds this attitude or if it is taught in ground school. It does seem consistent with most of those that I have dealt with.

Hey Slap, you need to calm down. Every airline has people that have strong opinions, so does this one. So does yours. You do have to admit that some of the original shuttle guys saying that we are nothing with out them is going to breed a few ass-holish (is that a word?) comments from the CHQ side. Also remember that pretty much 3/4 of the guys over at CHQ are junior to you and most everyone else on the Saab, so of course there is going to be a ton of talk of a staple, nobody wants to move down. I don't think that is going to happen, and I will move back 86 spots.......I am not complaining but I'm not completely happy about it, and you would'nt be either.

Bottom line, were gonna grow, you are more than likely gonna grow with us, and that is how it is. Till then, I'm not gonna shoot you dirty looks in Dulles, I'll save the looks for the POS rampies.

SF340Guy said:
Last I checked CHQ was getting rid of their E170's. So if you want to be a CHQ pilot, change your profile to say E145. You are a Shuttle America pilot. I am a Shuttle America pilot, and if you aren't sure, call your CP, or you dispatcher, they are both in FWA, at the Shuttle America HQ, they will tell you who you work for.

CHQ did not hire you. You interviewed at their HQ because that is where every one of the Republic Airways Holdings pilot interviews takes place. Get your head out of you ar$e and face reality, you are NEW SHUTTLE, and that is what you are.

P.S.: That attitude must be taught in ground school, because you sure did get it quick!!!

Shuttle Currently has 10 170's, CHQ Currently has 12. The numbers will reverse soon.

Hey Slap........read the above quote......this is exactly what I was talking about.

you better watch it BlackPilot, you might, let me rephrase that you will be swinging gear for the shuttle guys soon. You are new, bottom of the list and it'll be easy to figure out who you are. I'd keep a low profile , just my 2 cents for somebody with a lot of PIPER time. Been in this business a long time and paid my dues.

Latest resources

Back