Shuttle guys!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
747Rubani said:
you better watch it BlackPilot, you might, let me rephrase that you will be swinging gear for the shuttle guys soon. You are new, bottom of the list and it'll be easy to figure out who you are. I'd keep a low profile , just my 2 cents for somebody with a lot of PIPER time. Been in this business a long time and paid my dues.

I don't need to watch anything. I've never said anything derogatory about any of the SF34 guys; if you would get your head out of your ass, you will see what i stated above. " I welcome the SF34 guys with open arms". It's your type that will make this integration bad, not mine. I'm game for just about anything and you've NEVER seem me write on this board about the SF34 guys being stapled, nor will i ever.

SF340Guy said:
Last I checked CHQ was getting rid of their E170's. So if you want to be a CHQ pilot, change your profile to say E145. You are a Shuttle America pilot. I am a Shuttle America pilot, and if you aren't sure, call your CP, or your dispatcher, they are both in FWA, at the Shuttle America HQ, they will tell you who you work for.

CHQ did not hire you. You interviewed at their HQ because that is where every one of the Republic Airways Holdings pilot interviews takes place. Get your head out of you ar$e and face reality, you are NEW SHUTTLE, and that is what you are.

P.S.: That attitude must be taught in ground school, because you sure did get it quick!!!

To answer your question I was hired by CHQ. I was hired into a E145 class and then changed to a Republic class and then changed to a Shuttle class. Just so you know, you don't choose where they company places you, they'll put you where they want you, unless you're upgrading. You're right, S5 is our Chief pilot and I think Shuttle is beginning to do the dispatching. But lets look on the flip side since you thought to bring it up.

Who is doing your Crew Scheduling and Crew Planning?
Who is doing your payroll?
Who is doing your travel bennies?
Who is doing the 401k, Health and Dental insurance?
Who is the contact for HR?
Who is doing the E170 Maintenance?
Should I go on?

Flight Safety does our Ground School so they really don't care. I have my own views of things as most of us do. For the 15 time I welcome the SF34 guys to the list, how ever it may turn out. It is people like you that shine the black light on this situation.

First of all I am a Saab Driver and glad to be part of Shuttle. I have my own opinions about the integration, but it would be pointless to share as it would just lead to another long set of posts of useless b!thcing between the two groups.

The companies have gone out of their way to make sure we know we are not part of RP and continue to do it daily.

As far as the seniority integration goes it is up to the arbitrator and we will have to see what happens. If both sides hate his decision then the arbitrator did his job correctly.

As far as CHQ providing a lot of services for S5, they do and have since nearly day one? So why weren't we on that pilot list long ago as one big happy company when the Saabs came over to us?

Lastly, CHQ does not own S5. Republic Holdings own both companies. I don't know where this attitude is coming from that CHQ owns Shuttle.

8hourpilot, finally a seemingly rational post from "your" side of this divided (soon to be united) camp, honestly........thank you.

BlackPilot628, you mention all the things that CHQ accomplishes for S5 HQ. That is not news to S5 guys. It has been that way for the past 4 years, since the very first sf3 hit the S5 cetificate.

That's one thing that frustrates many at S5. We have been a CHQ side bar from the beginning. To top it off, when CHQ starting hiring during the end of '02 beginning of '03, we were denied the oppotunity to COMPETE, APPLY, nor INTERVIEW for CHQ employment. Now the NEW majority at CHQ wants a staple when S5 has been there for several years.

If I loose several hard fought years of junior manning, pay cuts, pay freezes, threated job loss, and hard work growing and helping mature a small company, so be it. I'll move on to hopefully greener pastures elsewhere, but please.....Blackpilot628, don't welcome me. Let us all welcome you to the company......and to the airline business. Good luck.

BlackPilot628 said:
To answer your question I was hired by CHQ. I was hired into a E145 class and then changed to a Republic class and then changed to a Shuttle class. Just so you know, you don't choose where they company places you, they'll put you where they want you, unless you're upgrading. You're right, S5 is our Chief pilot and I think Shuttle is beginning to do the dispatching. But lets look on the flip side since you thought to bring it up.

Who is doing your Crew Scheduling and Crew Planning?
Who is doing your payroll?
Who is doing your travel bennies?
Who is doing the 401k, Health and Dental insurance?
Who is the contact for HR?
Who is doing the E170 Maintenance?
Should I go on?

Flight Safety does our Ground School so they really don't care. I have my own views of things as most of us do. For the 15 time I welcome the SF34 guys to the list, how ever it may turn out. It is people like you that shine the black light on this situation.

To you as a new hire,I say why don't you have a big steamin' bowl of STFU ! That's all we need-people stirring up trouble ! Must you chime in on EVERY CHQ thread when YOU DON'T EVEN WORK HERE YET ? You remind me of the UPS guy on the old "In Living Color" show.And yes,I AM a CHQ pilot and I have a few years on you.

Deleted. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Last edited:
8HourPilot said:
Hey Slap, you need to calm down. Every airline has people that have strong opinions, so does this one. So does yours. You do have to admit that some of the original shuttle guys saying that we are nothing with out them is going to breed a few ass-holish (is that a word?) comments from the CHQ side. Also remember that pretty much 3/4 of the guys over at CHQ are junior to you and most everyone else on the Saab, so of course there is going to be a ton of talk of a staple, nobody wants to move down. I don't think that is going to happen, and I will move back 86 spots.
I'm not gonna shoot you dirty looks in Dulles, I'll save the looks for the POS rampies.
8HourPilot-
I will freely admit we have some guys at Shuttle that need an attitude adjustment. I might even be one of them for all I know. But I do know that I personally have been shot those dirty looks in IAD and STL but people wearing Chautauqua badges. I know the majority of the pilots at Chautauqua welcome us (whenever this thing gets settled). I also know nobody welcomes moving down in seniority. But I was raised to be fair, and I/we at Shuttle America do not think what your negotiating committee was offering was fair. That is the root for the majority of our hostilities.

BlackPilot 628 said:
I'm not having this argument with you. I'm a CHQ pilot and I was hired by CHQ. Just like half of our Senior capts and FO's that are flying the E170 for CHQ are now going to SA or RP, because they have no choice. Those guys are CHQ pilots. If you are flying the SF34 now for Shuttle America, you to will become a CHQ pilot. (or a Republic Holdings pilot) Just to help your ego a little bit, Republic holdings as applied for a special wavier for everyone of us to have 1 ID. This will more than likely be approved when RP gets up and flying in November. (So CHQ/RP POI says) So Skull1 you will have another new ID that says, "Republic Airways" and you will again be a CHQ pilot. But, there again; does it really matter? NO!
The pilots had a choice and bid the 170 knowing it was not going to stay on the Chautauqua certificate.

Is it really a big deal to call a Shuttle America 170 pilot a Chautauqua pilot? I did not realize it was an insult.

Being a commuting pilot, I hope (if they are applying for a wavier) the one ID thing does not happen. No airline has jumpseat privileges with Republic Airways so that will make commuting even more of a hassle.

8HourPilot- This is the kind of attitude I was refering to. He is barely off IOE and being a Shuttle America pilot is below him. Oh, and I think ass-holish is a word. Although spell check does not agree with me.

8HourPilot said:
You do have to admit that some of the original shuttle guys saying that we are nothing with out them is going to breed a few ass-holish (is that a word?) comments from the CHQ side.

I missed the part where the "original shuttle guys" said that CHQ is "nothing with out them". Please direct me to this so I can see it for myself.

Latest resources

Back