Shuttle Americans

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ORD APPROACH: "Shuttle, 210 knots to DEANA contact tower there, g'day!"
SHUTTLE: "Sorry sir, we can only give you about 140knots till DEANA, our opspecs require us to be fully configured prior to crossing the marker."
APPROACH: "uh... ok.... never heard that one. Hey shuttle, you got a pen? <long pause> Come on Shuttle, its an easy question... DO YOU HAVE A PEN?"
SHUTTLE: "uh... yes".
APPROACH: "Good, right this number down and call me when you get on the ground!"

ROTFLMAO!

J32driver said:
SHUTTLE: "Sorry sir, we can only give you about 140knots till DEANA, our opspecs require us to be fully configured prior to crossing the marker."
APPROACH: "uh... ok.... never heard that one. Hey shuttle, you got a pen? <long pause> Come on Shuttle, its an easy question... DO YOU HAVE A PEN?"
APPROACH: "Good, right this number down and call me when you get on the ground!"

ROTFLMAO!

Haha!

proud_dude said:
Hurricane Katrina had absolutely nothing to do with the delaying of the arbitration.. lets not go there!
Anyway, Everything will be decided on by mid October. Nice to see that people are being so professional about all this ("get out the stapler").

was told that the "arbitrator" lived in new orleans. if its bs, then oops. thats what i was told. I asked what is taking so long and thats what i got. meeting was on but katrina came roaring in and pushed the meeting back.

hope this gets resolved soon.

Looks like the Saab Shuttle folk are being trained into 170 without a decision on the senority. They are not even members of our local yet. I believe this isnt over yet, stay tuned.

mwmav8r01 said:
They are not even members of our local yet.

Just wait 'til the arbitration is complete... at that point everyone can stop fixating on the integration and get back to disliking each other for more concrete reasons. :D

Last edited:
The take this number thing is great, very funny. Last night flying out of the New York area...

New York Departure: "Comair XXXX what are you doing?"
Comair XXXX: "Ohhhh...we are starting the turn to XYZ"
New York Departure: "You were instructed to fly heading XXX, verify altitude"
Comair: "We are at X,000"
New York Departure: "Decend and maintain X,000 and take down this number"

Super funny...oh and the American MD-80 that turned the wrong way at LGA and had three airplanes stuck facing each other for 45 mins.

But I'm sure the Shuttle 170 guys, were more wrong that the AA crew and the Comair crew.

You got to know the guy........he's anything but over-sensitive. 140 to the marker..........not in our op specs........I'll give ya a ring tonight Ox

Im going through the shuttle class now and I met 3 former saab drivers and they are newhires at republic. last of the remaining chq 170 guys started shuttle transition training today. No saab drivers in that class or mine.

Where are the former saab pilots being trained on the 170 if this is happening cause they aint in st.ouis?

J32driver said:

ROTFLMAO!

LOL................................................

J32driver said:

ROTFLMAO!

uhhhhhhhh yeah right that happened! :)

Latest resources

Back