Shuttle America

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mikehoran

I recently saw a posting for pilots at Shuttle America. Wonder if anyone could give me some info on them -- ie pay, QOL, etc (without the bashing). Thanks.

SA may be absorbed into the CHQ seniority list very soon, so there may not be a SA anymore. You will just have an operating certificate called SA flown by pilots on the CHQ seniority list. This will also include the former SA pilots. Confused yet??

TWAER said:
SA may be absorbed into the CHQ seniority list very soon, so there may not be a SA anymore. You will just have an operating certificate called SA flown by pilots on the CHQ seniority list. This will also include the former SA pilots. Confused yet??

Confused, sure. But there is still going to be a Shuttle America and there are still going to be Shuttle America Pilots... Just those pilots are going to be on the CHQ "master list". It seems unlikely that SA is in a hiring mode right now, at least as far as pilots go, but come a few months from now current CHQ pilots are either going to have to jump over to SA or SA is going to have to hire to staff the 170's. I presume many (if not all) current SA pilots are going to be seat locked in the Saab for some undetermined period of time, because:

1- The terms of their hiring or their upgrading (1yr seat lock in each case)

2- The desire (of the company) to not have to hire new pilots for the Saab to replace those who move over to either the 170 or the 145's at CHQ

3- Their new seniority won't allow it

In any case, there are those who will stick with the Saab just for QOL reasons, and yes, I know that sounds like an oxymoron.

I understand they're hiring flight attendants like crazy, so anything's possible.

Just exactly what I said. There will be a SA cert. like a RP and CHQ cert. All the flying will be done from the CHQ list. So yes there will be a SA, but just like RP, it's sole purpose will be to get around other airlines scope. The original question was about QOL at SA. My only answer is that you should probably look at the CHQ QOL because that is where most likely the SA pilots will fall. If ANYONE gets hired on at SA after the merger, they will have to be put on the CHQ seniority list per the contract.

dont go to shuttle dude they tape your eyelids open during training and make you watch old alf episodes. and not the good ones!!!!!!

dollacrackho said:
dont go to shuttle dude they tape your eyelids open during training and make you watch old alf episodes. and not the good ones!!!!!!

At least they've moved on from the early black-and-white episodes of "Gilligan's Island" and the later episodes of "Little Rascals", you know, the ones where they're teenagers, promoting family values and rubber drives for WWII.

TWAER said:
If ANYONE gets hired on at SA after the merger, they will have to be put on the CHQ seniority list per the contract.

I guess the real question, esp. after the RP cert is finally approved, is how do they hire the pilots, exactly? Does each individual company hire its own people or what?

No seriously hes right they do tape your eyes open but they made us watch those crappy king videos! Alf, even the bad episodes, would have been better. I mean come on thie is a 121 carrier using king tapes to teach us stuff we should have known.

Hey IP.. you still at SA or have you moved on to greener pastures?

TWAER said:
All the flying will be done from the CHQ list. If ANYONE gets hired on at SA after the merger, they will have to be put on the CHQ seniority list per the contract.

More than likely a Republic Pilot list, not a Chq or even a Shuttle list. And that list will be the feeder of pilots to both Chq & Shuttle America.

If it were to be a "Chq pilot list" so to speak, then both Shuttle & Chq combined would make up the Chq pilots list and would be flying the 170's - just under a different certificate and still would be a grey area for Chq's scope clause!

In short, Republic (NOT CHQ) is looking into purchasing Shuttle America. The few at Chq that are on their self made throwns need to come down to reality and join the masses. Shuttle America is not going to be a little Red Headed Step Child, But a subsidary of Republic Holding just as Chq is. I'm sure the majority of pilots from both sides are going to blend into one strong professional pilot group, how about the other 10%?

FDXFO2007 said:
Hey IP.. you still at SA or have you moved on to greener pastures?

Let's put it this way, I've not so much as SEEN a Saab since the beginning of Feb.... ;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back