Shuttle America

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cws

Can anyone tell me how long it took them to get through to schedule an interview at Shuttle America? I got the letter a week ago and have called everyday and just left messages with no callback. Is this a sign in how they operate?

Just keep trying. Call until you get an actual person... They are extremely busy (I would even say overworked) on the HR end with the recent growth...

A buddy of mine got through last week on the first day, all he had to do was call 8 times. :)

Hey I.P. Freley, thanks for the reply. I guess its a good sign that they are busy. I will of course keep trying.

=Thanks again

Uh-oh...

Looks like the classes that are in now will be the last for a couple of months... Appears that backups in the sim and the need to retrain the last of the Dash drivers to fly the Saab has taken precedence... They are still interviewing, but no new-hire classes 'til "early spring, subject to change"... Meaning maybe sooner, but what I've heard is early summer, so who knows WHAT that means. I guess they think they have all they need for the next couple of months.

They are interviewing still and will put successful applicants in the pool. Good luck.

I'm in now.

Thankfully they decided to change their minds AFTER I got here. :)

Hey Ip, I took your advice and called them almost every hour and got through. I set up my interview for March and was told what you said earlier about putting pilots in a pool until spring. We'll see what happens but it looks good.

Cool.

I know at least four people who have interviews in the next three weeks or so. Just do me a favor and don't get the job at the expense of any of them. :)

Seriously, good luck.

ANOTHER UPDATE....

Well they changed their tune. The hiring freeze, which began three days ago, is now over. :)

I don't know when they are planning on having their next class, but they are going to continue running classes after all. It is very possible that they have enough in a "pool" to run another class, but they are definitely still hiring and they are still interviewing.

Just thought you would like to know.

Hey I.P. Thanks for the update. I was flying the past few days and have not checked the posts. That's good news that they changed their minds and I promise not to get hired at anyones expense. I am counting on your friends to get me through training if I get hired. :D

Latest resources

Back