Shuttle America?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
rk772 said:

I used the newly designed SA Mx log today for the first time and there is a box at the top to check either SAAB or RJ. There is also a spot in the trends section for SAAB or RJ.

You are using CHQ forms. That is why you have this.

CHQ forms...

Well actually, I flew with the captain the other day who designed the old mx log, and it wasn't a CHQ form then. If there was ever a time when we needed form design help from them, that was it, (10/2001). I think that the MX and SOC department here (SA) is competent enough to design our own forms.

If you still think that this is the case, (us using CHQ forms), next time you see one of the saabs on a sit in a co-city, (CLE, PIT), take a short walk over with your MX log and compare.

That Capt must have had a CHQ template for the SA log then. ;) About the only difference I see now is a SA logo where the CHQ one was...:eek:

Re: CHQ forms...

StuckInASaab said:
If there was ever a time when we needed form design help from them, that was it, (10/2001). I think that the MX and SOC department here (SA) is competent enough to design our own forms.

This is not about competentcy, this is simply about $$$$$. Plain and simple.
If you have not noticed. SA using a majority of paperwork from CHQ. These trends sheets/Logs are from CHQ with the logo changed. We have never removed the SF340 stuff from our MX sheets.
Chq also handles other duty's such as marketing for you not to mention a few others. This is not a shot at you, just telling you where this paperwork came from.
Do not be surprised if you start seeing more and more things looking alike in the near future....

Last edited:
I was recently jumpseating on Shuttle to work and they told me that CHQ does their crew planning/schedules too. any validity?

crew Planning

yeah CHQ does our crew planning , we get all the scraps

efiscompmon said:
Sounds like operation integration to me. One list! One list!

(ducks)

Sounds more like using a contractor to perform services rather than setting up an independant organization. It's done everywhere all the time to save $$.

(Keep ducking)

Latest resources

Back