Shuttle America?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AngeloG

Does anyone have any gouge on shuttle? I'm on furlough from eagle, looking at a recall in a few weeks. Interviewed with shuttle yesterday. Training contract for 12 months and senority resignation from eagle. any thoughts?

Jeez, I wasn't aware that Eagle had people on furlough. Just goes to show how how much I know. :D

As for whether you should go back or come here, I will just say that currently we don't really know "what is to happen to us". The worst-case scenario is that you would probably end up with a slot at CHQ if we were to fold, but the best-case scenario is open to rampant speculation. All I know for sure is that a year or so from now we will be giving back more Saabs, enough that we wouldn't be able to sustain the flying we have NOW, so it's kind of a "jets or death" situation. Unless we get more Saabs. *shiver*

Then again, what are you facing at Eagle, 7-10 more years in the right seat? I guess it's up to you to decide whether or not you wish to take the chance. Eagle is probably much more secure, but that upgrade time is a bitter pill to swallow. Not knowing Eagle pay scales, I will surmise that you would be financially better off as an FO at Eagle than as an FO here... Though the way things are looking right now, assuming we're still around, you'd have a left seat in a year or 18mos, so if you take the next available class (monday the 6th, if I am not mistaken?) you'd be in good shape.

It's your call, man.

Last edited:
Well yes, this is a new clause, part of the recent vote. It is somewhat nonspecific in its' specificity (hee hee), but it would only be preferential hiring if I understand it correctly.

Note that I said "probably", not "definitely".

In any case, I don't think it will come to that... At least not anytime soon, and I assume that the pref hiring clause goes away when the pay cut expires.

What happens in that case? I guess you interview off the street like anyone else, unless a bone is thrown this way.

Shuttle, or Eagle???

Well, lets see if your logbook is hurting and you would like to fly 99.99 hours a month with 10 days off ( maybe) then shuttle is for you. I think from last I heard pay rates are real close

Be a gamblin' man...at least with Shuttle, you have a CHANCE of upgrading in your lifetime. At Eagle......well, I left there in 2001 for an upgrade on the Saab elsewhere...I'd still be an FO now if I would have stuck it out. Probably would be in 2010 or so before an upgrade would have been likely for me. Since your senoirity is lower than mine was, it might take you quite a while.

I'd take the gamble and go to Shuttle.

Do you Know anyone in the front office over at Eagle to intercept and throw out your resignation letter?.Talk to your Chief Pilot and explain the situation to him and tell him you would not want to resign your seniority but need an income now and if he could throw out the letter when shuttle sends it. It worked for others here.Good luck and don't worry about screwing shuttle they'd do it to you in a heartbeat

"All I know for sure is that a year or so from now we will be giving back more Saabs, enough that we wouldn't be able to sustain the flying we have NOW, so it's kind of a "jets or death" situation. Unless we get more Saabs. *shiver"

I used the newly designed SA Mx log today for the first time and there is a box at the top to check either SAAB or RJ. There is also a spot in the trends section for SAAB or RJ.

Well....

Clearly we are getting RJ's then, right? ;)

....and even then I won't believe it, unless my cert. says "EMB-170" on it.

:D

Latest resources

Back