• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shuttle America / 2007 CLE over run

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hah hah! You know, I just found myself thinking the same thing about me never agreeing with PCL-128 . . . but we see eye to eye on this one.

Frankly, once the NTSB report came out, I don't think the proximate cause of this accident is debatable. The only reason this thread even has any value it to try and teach some of the young turks that FATIGUE does not mean "Tired". It's a very real safety hazard, and current duty time / rest requirements do not treat it seriously.

Anyone who's done something stupid (ahem) while inadvertently flying fatigued will understand that fatigue really can sneak up on you and cause some unexpected and surprising errors that NEVER happen to a well rested, highly experienced and competent pilot.

Ignore it or marginalize it at your own peril . ..

Last edited:
We see our fellow pilots fly with bad habits often. This accident didn't happen JUST because of fatigue. We all know that accidents are a result of a series of events that happen to line up on the day in question.

The fatigue issue can probably clear these pilots if it can be proven that the company had a pilot pushing problem.

However, flying fatigue will get you FAR 91.13 and violated!

This is the reason why you fly to a high standard everytime, so when you have a stacked deck against you, you slip from high standard and not from a meduim or low standard.

If you are the type of pilot that doesn't brief and fly GS out minima, does NOT aim for and land on the 1000 marker, doesn't use TR, doesn't go around when the call is made.... then you might not wreck a jet.... but throw in fatigue and that might cause an accident... as it did here....

These guys were unprofessionals and exceeded thier limitations.... There was nothing extra ordinary here... no windshear, no SE approach, no runway incursion, no medical emergency, no fire, no flight control problem..etc...

These guys made bad choices, which by the way ...professionalism is a choice....

Latest resources

Back