• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

Should US majors follow Emirates lead?

Browntothebone

Total Time
-
In changing their hiring mins to require time in a/c over 55 tonnes? This would exclude all RJs but would ensure that newhires have experience in big jets.

"All FO's must now have jet experience on a multi-engine Jet with a MTOW of over 55 Tonne. Based on this new minimum criteria we will not be considering further candidates with experience on smaller aircraft types. This also means we will no longer be considering those candidates already in our hold pool who fall short of the new minimum experience criteria."

Dornier 335

Total Time
useless thread/get a life!

How are you gonna get the experience without meeting the mins?

Regional pilots fly more approaches/day than their mainline counterparts. Long-haul means longer sectors, less approaches etc.

Beating a dead horse.

Browntothebone

Total Time
-
How are you gonna get the experience without meeting the mins?

Regional pilots fly more approaches/day than their mainline counterparts. Long-haul means longer sectors, less approaches etc.

Beating a dead horse.

Go get a job flying a big jet over the weight requirement. Then you would be qualified.

Fly4hire

Total Time
lots
In changing their hiring mins to require time in a/c over 55 tonnes? This would exclude all RJs but would ensure that newhires have experience in big jets.

Yes, but they must make an exception for minority candidates otherwise it will unfairly discriminate.

ACL65PILOT

Total Time
9000+
In this environment they can do that, in a few years it will be back to anyone with the mins.

get2flyin

Flyinawa!
Total Time
15k+
" ... hiring mins to require time in a/c over 55 tonnes? "

Negro please...You don't even know what "tonnes" means, now do you?

Uh oh..this is about to get ugly. I'm gonna go pop some fresh popcorn so I can sit back and watch.

N1VIBS

Total Time
Guess that would eliminate about all the "squadron buddy" fighter types.

johnsonrod

Total Time
8000+

"All FO's must now have jet experience on a multi-engine Jet with a MTOW of over 55 Tonne. Based on this new minimum criteria we will not be considering further candidates with experience on smaller aircraft types. This also means we will no longer be considering those candidates already in our hold pool who fall short of the new minimum experience criteria."

Browntothebone = Tanker Clown

uspilot

Total Time
Why would anybody want to work for them anyway. I have friends that are trying to leave after 5 years. Air Arabia is lot better than EK.

The Victors

Total Time
9:30
Yes they should....fired all the loser Flight Attendant Guys and all the fat ugly chicks and hire only hot, female FA's!!!!!

Bambam

Total Time
11000+
Yes,

All FA's are young, attractive, single, have to weigh in on a regular basis, and cant be openly gay.

I wish my company would implement those ideas.

jhill

Senior Menber
Total Time

This will work great while no one else is hiring, including Em Rats. When there is any other option no one in their right mind would work for these rag head bastards

overseas boy

Total Time
Troll
Brown, did you just get removed from the pool....??? I'm sorry, keep up the great posting on FI though. Love it.

C-150ETOPS

Total Time
8800+
Someone from Emirates HR probably found this board and decided to do everything they could to avoid hiring Instructordude :D

waka

Emasculating the Right
Total Time
4?
This will work great while no one else is hiring, including Em Rats. When there is any other option no one in their right mind would work for these rag head bastards

I see the feeble mind thing is already happening. Perhaps you should cut down on greasy foods.