Should I fly for this guy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Real pilots wear nomex

The time isn't worth anything anyway, dual given if he's a cfi, or joke sic. I'd tell him off, unless you have a shot at stealin' that rolex, that would buy you some real multi time.

wow, I think it is an overwhelming NO. It is not too often you find everyone here in such agreement...

I think Catbert nailed it... If it feels wrong, it probably is! By the simple fact that you are asking the question should answer your question.

plus (as several have already pointed out) king air SIC is not worth the time it takes to type it on your resume. in fact, it will probably cause you more grief than help you. most airline recruiters / interviewers will drill you on system and performance questions on the king air just to check the validity of your king air time. it could hurt you.

MTPilot - "Steal the rolex" ...absolutely the best advice!

If his persona doesn't turn you away, here is something to think about...........

This guy sound like an accident waiting to happen! Do you want to be his "co-pilot" when it happens?

Well I had a very similar opportunity, I got about 600 hours with a guy I can easily classify as the biggest prick I have ever met. Not only was he a prick, he was a very unsafe prick at that. Do I look back with regret and wonder what the hell I was doing? Of course I do, but that time had a direct result of me getting hired for my current job in a much more professional flight department. I have had people ask me if I had to do it all again, would I still do it. My answer has always been yes. Of course, all the previous posts raise very good points, the most important in my opinion would be of the potential for questions arising about the time. If your planning on going airlines, its probably not worth it. The topper of it all is I run into this prick all the time now that I am not flying with him. At maintenance, at school, everywhere!! And man do I have to bit my tounge and stick my hands in my pockets.........

Groundpounder said:
He has had people quit flying for him while they were out on a trip, and found their own way home cause they didn't want to fly with him.
To quote Dr. Laura: "And it will be different this time because?"

'Sled

Groundpounder said:
There is a guy that flies a King Air 200 from the airport I work at that is looking for someone to fly right seat for him. He wants someone to help him clean the hangar and the plane, and in exchange, I get taught how to fly a King Air 200, and get some right seat time. I have no problem doing some cleaning, and he said he'd teach me the ins and outs of being a co-pilot.

Here is the kicker.

No one wants to fly with this guy. He has had people quit flying for him while they were out on a trip, and found their own way home cause they didn't want to fly with him. I've seen first hand that he can be a total jerk when I've had to deal with his airplane. He treats all the line guys like dirt.

Also, I talked to him for a little while today, and he was explaining how I'll need to look like a pilot, and how he has owned a rolex since he started flying because that is how he saw pilots dress, so he started doing that. He also went on and on about how pilots don't have goatee's (I have one, so I guess I'd need to shave it) and need to wear long sleeve shirts, etc etc.

I'm wondering, should deal with his BS and get the experience, or should I stay away? I don't mind doing some grunt work for some flight time, but I don't want to be treated like a peice of dirt.

Its about personality.... I have a good friend who flew for the navy and he was very militant.... he didn't get al ong with a lot of people while I worked with him be he and I got along fine..why?? because our personalities were similiar.... OK yeah, the guy seems a little OUT THERE but I haven't met him and who knows, it may go well for you 2.. hell fly with him for a lil and if he annoys you, say thank you for the offer but im not interested and leave....

this may be a blessing in disguised...

just my 2 cents :) good luck

Groundpounder said:
He treats all the line guys like dirt.

You can tell a lot about a guy by the way he treats people he deals with in every day life. A WHOLE lot.

Latest resources

Back