• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Should Delta Spin Off Comair and ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If DAL declares Ch 11, they'll be the first things to go.

I will make it short. It all comes down to PROFIT. In AE and AX case AMR getts a extra 8%+or- profit from Eagle then from AX (TSA/CHQ). On a fee for departure deal they pay a set amount lets say $2000 a departure AX operates at $1500 a departure and getts 500 profit. Well Eagle gett the same amount 2K and makes 500 but that 500 goes right back into AMR's pocket.( all the numbers usesd are made up). I am sure Delta is the same. It does'nt help in the long run and that is what they are focusing on.

What good is 1 BIllion going to do from a sell when they are 21Bill in debt. (Eagle for AMR) NOt much.

No
WHY:
Whoose going to pay Mainlines and Managements salaries?

You can't hide what you no longer own:D

Jobear

Exactly.

And, Delta could easily give ASA/Comair a 10 year contract (like Skywest) and that would attract potential investors, and at the same time giving needed cash. Also, a lot of that debt is from RJs--and we would love to give that away too. As soon as Comair's contracts expire---the new company would DEMAND new wage cuts also--so you could actually bid for new work--since other Majors would require that before they pay for the feed. Our scope would still apply too---and that wouldn't allow the new Comair or ASA to get anything larger than 70 seats. I think the larger investors (like GE Capital) will demand Grinstein sell ASA/Comair before any Chap 11 situation gets close. The COEX/Xpressjet sale would be the model. And then the new company etc....would actually pay for our services that they currently get for free (to make them look profitable)--like reservations, insurance, gate services at Delta staffed airports, etc....

Bye Bye---General Lee:rolleyes:

Great ideas, keep DCI in place with non-wholly owned carriers! That way the furloughs can operate the Lazy-boy handle a little longer instead of a yoke. We all know the answer in the log run...

Let's see, Gee Lee ... spin off ASA and Comair and pocket the cash, saddle them with a ten year contract, and make sure your scope still applies so that we "could not get anything larger than 70 seats." Why the hostility chief? With friends like you, we sure don't need management to villify, we seem to be doing just fine sticking it to each other. :rolleyes:

As I said before, perhaps Delta should spin off the true money losers like the Shuttle, Express, and sad Song. Then we could all compete with one another when our "contracts expire" (uh, actually they amend). I'll bet we can compete VERY effectively with your cost structure. And you too can pay for services we allegedly "get for free."

See you at The Whipsaw Bar & Grill.:D

Last edited:
careful what u wish for.. sell off comair and asa.. while they keep making money while mainline loses it.. next thing u know comair and asa will be buying delta.. stapling them to the bottom and the wronged mainline pilots forming a MLDC for fair and equal representation =)~

I think the larger investors (like GE Capital) will demand Grinstein sell ASA/Comair before any Chap 11 situation gets close.
More like you hope they will be asking those questions!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back