Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Should an ATP be required for both pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Should a ATP be required to fly for an airline?

• Yes

Votes: 792 83.2%
  • No

Votes: 144 15.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 16 1.7%

• Total voters
MPL Crew License

Let me correct a previous post it is 240 hours, and skip the turbo prop, or the RJ.

Any idea how long before it comes here ?

And you thought age 65 was bad for your career, wait till this happens.

Is anyone following this ?

Hi!

The C-17, C-130 and C-5 FOs with around 200 hours seem to be doing pretty well to me!

cliff
NBO

Hi!

I think the difference between Mil and FBO tng and selection is just the point. Boeing was talking about CHANGING the training possiblities for new airline pilots. If the airlines/training schools want to put the resources into selection and training, they can come up with a new model that works better.

cliff
NBO

Hi!

The C-17, C-130 and C-5 FOs with around 200 hours seem to be doing pretty well to me!

cliff
NBO

Well, the reality is..
I have known a few pilots who did not complete UPT and ended up going through Airline Training Schools and into the cockpits of commercial airliners, but not the other way around..
Failing out of Gulfstream or ComAir Academy and making it into a military cockpit!

Mil pilots have 4 yr degrees and then do a 2 yr training program before completing and getting put out on the line. And even then, they are the lowest level of qualication and fly with instructors and senior pilots.

Even the most junior copilot on a C-5, -17 or -130 is at least 24-25 years old, has a 4 year degree and probably 400-500 hours before he (or she) is out there flying line missions as regular first pilots with regular aircraft commanders.

Way different than what you may find in a 121 Regional cockpit.
An ATP needs to be required to crew a 121 operated aircraft~

motch

Hi!

It looks like the ATP WILL be required, so that is settled (unless something goes really wrong with the House/Senate bill compromise).

cliff
NBO

Hi!

It looks like the ATP WILL be required, so that is settled (unless something goes really wrong with the House/Senate bill compromise).

cliff
NBO

Are they going to allow college credit to reduce the 1500 hour requirement?

Latest resources

Back