• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
T-Gates,

Actual radio transmission going into FLL:
"We had the Shorts in sight , but lost him over the trailer park."

It was a charter, but FLL-FXE in a LR35. Not uncommon for 135 operators there.

GuppyPuppy said:
If you flew at 300 knots (which would be illegal, and impossible in the EMB120) that would be 5 miles per minute.

272 may be VMO in the EMB-120 but 300 KIAS is NOT impossible.

Hey

Back In the day Continental used to have a Dc-9 they only flew from IAH to Hobby that had to be short

KSJC to KSFO

I think the old West Air/United Express flew a J32 from SJC to SFO. I think it is something like, 16 NM and if you go from SJC the clearance is usually runway heading to join the localizer at SFO. Under normal circumstances, of course.

CaptainBrazilia said:
SkyWest flies LAX, SNA. Total flight time: as little as 7 minutes.

I've done ONT to LAX in as little as 4 minutes flight time. Of course, that's early morning and launching off of 26 in ONT to land on 24R in LAX.

Just last month I did ONT-LAX early a.m. (5:20a.m.). They made us depart to the east (8L) for noise abatement. After a few turns, cleared to intercept a radial off SMO then vectors over the ocean to land east at LAX for noise abatement! Straight line distance about 40 miles....My leg....Flight time 13 minutes. Fun flight hand flown at 250 kts pretty much the whole time.

Capt.Brazilia.....Funny they would let the Brazilia t/o ONT to the west and land LAX to the west when the RJ is quieter. But then maybe you didn't leave as early as we did!

I like short flights sometimes to spice things up. And it's sure easier being the PF. The NFP does all the work!

Last edited:
ITH-ELM

ALG used to do ITH-ELM or vice versa (we still might, but I haven't personally in about 2 years) as part of a thru flight to and from BOS. About 11 minutes, but it was always at night when we'd be a little more careful about the terrain and actually go to the marker for the ILS. It was blocked for 25 usually I think, and that was usually dead on with taxi times and the usual "non-acars aircraft book-keeping". I guess the Dash isn't gonna be setting any "short flight" records, but I thought I'd throw my contribution on here.

Yes West Isle did have the 1 minute flight. It was the mail run and an absolute blast! Takeoff from center island, hang a right, hang a left and touch down on decatur in a C-172.

The real fun was when it would rain and you'd be three weelin all over the place with mud flying.

>>>SWF to HPN low RVR and ILS to HPN 6 minutes in CRJ<<<

SWF-HPN=32NM in 6mins... Or, 320 Knots GS if you go precisely, exactly, straight as an arrow to the field.

So... Let me get this straight... Between liftoff and touchdown, including setting up and performing an ILS to RWY 6 (which obviously involves passing the airport), you AVERAGED 320 knots between Stewart and White Plains? I presume NY Center or other ATC approved you doing over 400 knots, below 10,000ft, heading almost directly at JFK and LGA, to allow for the climb and give you time to set up for that ILS....?

NY ATC never gave me any leeway, they must know you or something. :)

Latest resources

Back