• Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shortest Flight

Riiiiiight...........

CaptainBrazilia said:
SkyWest flies LAX, SNA. Total flight time: as little as 7 minutes.

I've done ONT to LAX in as little as 4 minutes flight time. Of course, that's early morning and launching off of 26 in ONT to land on 24R in LAX.

4 minutes?????????? Did you forget you were under Class B and can only do 200 knots? It's something like 45 miles between ONT and LAX, isn't it? That's 11 miles a minute.

AF:eek:

There used to be a company called West Isle Air up in Washington state that flew a scheduled flight that lasted about 1 minute. The flight was from one island to another in the San Juan's in Puget Sound.

GP

I'm sure there are some pretty short ones up in the bush too.

To Capt. Brazilla...4 minutes? A bit of an exageration isn't it? If you flew at 300 knots (which would be illegal, and impossible in the EMB120) that would be 5 miles per minute. Your 4 minutes at 300 knots would only get you 20 miles which is well short of the distance between ONT and LAX. Maybe you did this flight before SkyWest had AFIS and wrote down a time on the manifest in ONT and departed well before that time. That would be the only way that I could believe that your "flight time" was only 4 minutes. Maybe you meant 14 minutes, eh?

Cheers!

GP

ONT-LAX routing is a bit convoluted, but you end up getting a 220 or 230 heading to join the 24R localizer. If ONT is departing 26R, which is most of the time, you're already heading towards LAX.

AF:)

Back when Hickory, NC still had service the record in the Jetstream was 6 minutes 40 seconds CLT-HKY.

ACK-MVY 8 MINS BLOCK

HANG ON TO YOUR A$$!!!

CLIMB CHECKLIST, LEVEL OFF AT 2000', CRUISE CHECKS, CALL IN RANGE, CALL THE AIRPORT, CLEARED FOR VIS, DESCENT CHECKS, LANDING CHECKS, WELCOME TO THE VINEYARD!!

GuppyPuppy said:
There used to be a company called West Isle Air up in Washington state that flew a scheduled flight that lasted about 1 minute. The flight was from one island to another in the San Juan's in Puget Sound.
I think West Isle still exists. There are other carriers that fly inter-island in the San Juans, though. San Juan Airlines is one. Harbor Air went out of business.

LAXSaabdude.

(Looking to buy some land in the San Juans :D )

Latest resources

Back