• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Short runway

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I find it amusing how people have already convicted two pilots and management over something that only a few people have all of the details about.

I find it amusing how people have already convicted two pilots and management over something that only a few people have all of the details about.

Quite true. I would love to know the reported weather and the reported runway conditions (including who generated the report; vehicle or aircraft).

I'd like to know about previous duty days. One crewmember is a well known whipping boy.

Does his job without bitching? Yeah, let's just say you're remarkably off base and uninformed with regard to that situation. As it turns out, it looks like he had an easy day before the incident which is shocking in and off itself. His name is synonymous with a week long beat down on the road.

-If you are ever involved in an accident or incident every organization involved will use everything they can discover to blame the crew. The monetary stakes are very high.
-The manufacturer will never admit their AC is faulty
-The company will never admit their training or maintenence was inadequate
-The FAA will never admit their oversight or requirements were inadequate
-The airport operator will never admit they lied about the runway conditions - FICONS (MKE has been caught doing that - repeatedly)

-Pilots never admit they were wrong.

-Pilots never admit they were wrong.

There are many cases where pilots have and will admit that they were wrong.

The problem arises when the words "Pilot error" becomes the default bin of choice when an the industry is not willing or able to identify the underlying causes.

Latest resources

Back