• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Short of mins for SWA, Fed ex, UPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds good to me if you have no other options.
There are always other options. Have some pride in your occupation. As a professional pilot you shouldn't have to "fly for free" ever. This industry will never pay decent wages ever again as long as there are people out there who are willing to do this job for nothing.

Instead of worrying who MIGHT hire you IF you meet their minimums WHEN they start hiring again......think about going into another field of work where the IF's, MIGHT's and WHEN's won't affect your life. Bottom line is, plan on staying where you are at for a good long time, because there are thousands upon thousands of guys with a helluva lot more experience than you lookn' at those same MIGHTS and WHENS....

ok- back to the thread... where are you now that you can't work anywhere else? If you aren't timing out- why do you not want to report the flying? (There are lots of reasons guys fly on the side- it might not be a big deal to your current company) If it is a big deal- They may require it = but if you aren't caught and aren't breaking regs, why would you report it? Is your current job a 'career place' you want to hold on to til the end or can you quit there for a colgan/ great lakes type PIC gig? (Don't bother telling me you're too 'good' for that, or any other b.s.) Are you qualified for Virgin? they're hiring like crazy and you'll upgrade fast, have a marketable type, you could stay if they work out, and if not- you'll have the PIC time. There's options-- you just may have to fight a bit to do what's necessary. But it's the fight you chose to be willing to do by leaving the PIC job you had before you were fully qualified...

For those of us who will fly with the over 60 group, this is my suggestion.

Buy yourself a small digital cam and put it in your flight bag. Make sure you shut off the sound to the cam. When the geezer nods off after take off(you know they will), you pull out the digicam and film a video of them. Then it is off to the FAA.... BYE BYE

I have my app in with SWA and I'm a little light on the PIC. I just kinda inflated the numbers a little. Chances are, they won't check that hard. My buddy just used a spread sheet that he made and they took his word for it.

Fly what you want log what you need egh? I don't know about that.

Fly what you want log what you need egh? I don't know about that.

No one will ever know. I know a bunch of guys in the airlines that didn't have the mins. They took some liberties with the mil to civ conversion....bada boom, bada bing...they're on with UPS or SWA. I mean, I'm only talking fudging a couple hundred hours.

Latest resources

Back