Shoes?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I usually just go barefoot. :nuts:

If you have hard to fit feet, go to copshoes.com.

They have reasonable prices for Bates uniform shoes. However, they run small. I normally wear a 9 1/2 B. The pair I ordered from this website was a 10 1/2 B.

They are airport friendly and fit! Last spring, they were selling two pair for $90.

Deer Stags......good price, VERY comfortable, no metal shank, the only bad thing is the soles make black marks....not a huge deal

aneroidwafer said:
Anybody have any good buying tips, or recommend any brands on a quality pair of shoes... something that will last a long time, be comfortable, and most importantly, you dont have to take them off when you go through security... any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks. oh and they should look nice too.
You can always Rock the Doc's. These are super comfy and make it through security. You will NEVER slip with these soles.

I only wear Kenneth Cole, they are a bit pricey but a $3 shine once a month and the things look like a million bucks for 3 plus years. My first pair was screener freindly but my most recent pair isnt, so I avoid the screeners at all cost if my trip permits (if you know what I mean).

joe_pilot said:
You can always Rock the Doc's. These are super comfy and make it through security. You will NEVER slip with these soles.

I wore docs for years and had a pair of them when I used to work ramp. They slip like crazy in the snow, ice and glycol. They the worst shoes ever in the winter time. Plus they look gay in uniform.

joe_pilot said:

If you want to look like a first class tool in uniform go buy a pair of Doc Martins. I find it ironic that many pilots bemoan the fact where the profession is heading only to be strutting in the terminal with their backpack on, listening to their ipod, while wearing Doc Martins.

Dangerkitty said:
If you want to look like a first class tool in uniform go buy a pair of Doc Martins. I find it ironic that many pilots bemoan the fact where the profession is heading only to be strutting in the terminal with their backpack on, listening to their ipod, while wearing Doc Martins.

Right on Dangerkitty. Buy some shoes that look like a professional pilot, not a professional retard. At the very least, if you buy the Doc's, please use a permanent marker on the yellow. That annoys the heck out of me.

ECCO all the way. Good for your back, great soles that last through skydrol and everything else on the ramp, look good, last forever, not too expensive for what you are getting (about $100) and no metal shank in the sole so you never have to take them off for security.

http://www.ecco.com

--'shroom

Latest resources

Back