• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ship sets for ASA/SKYW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are a few guys that have a pretty intricate system of highlighting their 10-10 and 10-9 pages. Flying with them might be a little interesting. For th rest if us this is long overdue.

Screw the weirdos. If you can't keep up, get out of the way. The particularly ornery pilots and eccentrics will have to put up with it I guess.

Last edited:
What are these "charts" everyone is talking about?

I just had to buy a new chart case because mine took a dive....of course we'll get ship sets now!!!

I'll believe it when I get the memo advising us to get our stuff out of the bag room.

This has been "just around the corner" for as long as I've been here or longer.

There are a few guys that have a pretty intricate system of highlighting their 10-10 and 10-9 pages. Flying with them might be a little interesting. For th rest if us this is long overdue.

Not to highjack this thread but....

I always wondered why there are such weirdos in this job...
I fly sometimes with such strange guys/gals....
I like to observe people, i'm always courteous, but man!!
One guy once (who worked at my company for 15 years) came dining out with the rest of the crew saying that he never did that before :O
Well...after 15mn passed in front of the queso/tortilla app. I felt so glad for humanity and my co workers that this was his first time!!!!
What a freakin weirdo! In charge of an airplane at that :0

Not to highjack this thread but....

I always wondered why there are such weirdos in this job...
I fly sometimes with such strange guys/gals....
I like to observe people, i'm always courteous, but man!!
One guy once (who worked at my company for 15 years) came dining out with the rest of the crew saying that he never did that before :O
Well...after 15mn passed in front of the queso/tortilla app. I felt so glad for humanity and my co workers that this was his first time!!!!
What a freakin weirdo! In charge of an airplane at that :0

So what made him so weird (while snickering at your avatar)? I know mine is weird too.

Compliance with current charts is now required, regardless of how it can be done. Too many pilots did not do their revisions or falsisfied they had, driving the change.

AND...it actually saves them money too!

It does save money. Especially when the pilot is getting fired for not doing their revisions.

Another piece of equipment to fail! Cool!

The article is about about airside pubs. You think the bag getting swapped out by Jepp on the revision/replacement cycle will be any MORE punishing than all the bag drag/plane swap/commuting/deadheading/getting tossed in and out of hotel vans?

If ship pubs does happen, I wonder if they will be able to defer individual pages that come up missing or if MTX will have to print up new pages when someone writes up a chart that has a corner missing or if somebody can"t read part of it because too many fingers has touched the page.

If ship pubs does happen, I wonder if they will be able to defer individual pages that come up missing or if MTX will have to print up new pages when someone writes up a chart that has a corner missing or if somebody can"t read part of it because too many fingers has touched the page.

Well, since Airtran is already doing it it's not a new concept for the FAA. I'm sure certification is easy. I'll make a few calls to my sources in DC and find out when this is going to happen.

You call ops, they call jepp. Dude comes out in a van and swaps the entire bag.

Easy.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back