Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SiuDude

Internet tough guy
So far, so good. Seems like an idea that was long overdue. We'll have to see what happens when the charts get torn, misplaced, disappear...

To really preflight the kit, the way they want you to, takes more time than we really have.

Seen a bunch of ASA -900's with EFB 1 circuit breakers. Hope it's true!

I guess SKYW is about to switch to ship sets for all publications currently required to be carried. I heard that ASA should also have this up and running by next year. I think we're just waiting for approval from the federáles:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/SkyWest-Airlines-Introduces-prnews-2861797236.html?x=0&.v=1

Everyone excited? Anyone gots da deets?

Whew, almost went a full day without an ASA thread. You're welcome America!

Riding the coattails of the non-union pilots. Truly a sad day in aviation history.

Yes, I know. SkyWest has been riding coattails for years. Relax nancys.

eP.

Before anyone thinks this is a graand gesture with Managment to provide a little bennie; it is FAA required:

Compliance with current charts is now required, regardless of how it can be done. Too many pilots did not do their revisions or falsisfied they had, driving the change.

Before anyone thinks this is a graand gesture with Managment to provide a little bennie; it is FAA required:

Compliance with current charts is now required, regardless of how it can be done. Too many pilots did not do their revisions or falsisfied they had, driving the change.

AND...it actually saves them money too!

so excited about the prospect of it!!! Jepps or EFBs I don't care as long as I get to get rid of the chart case!. Dunno why this is Yahoo news but ok...

Well gosh, Mary-

I sure would have thought that having current charts was ALWAYS required.

-Shows how much I keep up.

AND...it actually saves them money too!

Not from what I have heard. Jepp charges the same amount no matter what. It saves them the costs associated with OJI(the number I heard at XJT was 3-5 million was tied up in OJI from flight bag related injuries) as well as any legal issues with the feds.

Latest resources

Back