Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SHHHH this was supposed to be a secret!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Captzaahlie

My kind of FOD!
Cliffnotes: The regionals are the only ones out there right now making mistakes and it's all because of low time FO's.

-Brett

We can deny it all we want, but the report on KSTP isn't far from the truth. Regional airlines are hiring with very little experience. Time will tell if this is bad for safety.

Here's the problem though, the crashes they cite - at least two of them had experienced Captains. (Pinnacle and Comair).

In Europe and Asia it's normal for Ab Initio students to go directly to aircraft such as the A320 with less than 300 total time and less than 100 hours multi-engine time, no big deal, they do just fine.

In Europe and Asia it's normal for Ab Initio students to go directly to aircraft such as the A320 with less than 300 total time and less than 100 hours multi-engine time, no big deal, they do just fine.

But the real question is do they wear their I-Pods in the aircraft when they fly?

This is not a valid comparison.

There is a big difference between a true ab initio training program and regional airlines hiring traffic watch pilots, training them to pass a video game checkride and turning them loose after 25 hours IOE

I've been saying that forever. The ab initio students in Europe are very carefully screened for personality, IQ, and everything else. In the US, I've seen both extremes of the spectrum make it to the line.

Latest resources

Back