• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sheble Aviation?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I did my CFI CFII and MEI there during the month of March. At the time they had a lot of trouble keeping the single engine complex aircraft available. They were planning on switching to the Navion. They had two of them in a hangar that were being slowly wrenched on. I would advise having all your written tests passed and know everything in the ASA oral exam guides. They can't possibly teach everything you need to know considering the small amount of time involved. So you need to know your stuff before setting foot in the states. Also I would plan on sticking around more than 12 days because basicly its pure chaos everyday. To be fair they do a reasonably good job and all the instructors seem to know there stuff. Although I would not recommend getting your primary instrument training there. I know thats not your problem... thought I would mention it though. I've gotten a lot of dual given polishing up a local guy who got his instrument rating there.

Hey bushwick..thanks for the reply...i am planning on writing all of my written tests in belinham WA because i only live about 20 min from there...what else am i gonna need to know for my rides? questions they ask? will they be specific to regulations within the united states? i know that the glemmins is a good study guide for the writtens...but what else can i study for the questions on the ride...you said the ASA oral guide..whats that? i am already looking at getting the FAR/AIM to start studying up what else can i get? thanks!!

Capt,

ASA oral exam guide:

http://www.pilotsbooks.com/oral_exam_guides_ASA.htm

A must have!

Get the gleim computer study program so you can emulate the type of test your taking on your home computer. Then you know if you'll pass the written test.

They will ask only questions from the States. Dont assume that anyone involved with aviation in the US even knows there is a country outside of the US even if they fly to some other country on a regular basis.

I did some flying out of Boundry Bay and took a mountain flying course out of some airport near where you live but cant remember the name. It was with this cool punk rock instructor. He said that he used to party with Henry Rollins.
Anyhow PM me if you have any other specific questions. Just be on your toes for instrument. I know they do a good job up your way but your instrument rating is what is going to keep you alive. It wont be a problem at sheble but when your flying into Castlegar at night you'll be glad you did your homework.
I have a bunch of books you could buy from me and then sell for the same price when you get back. I live near S.F. CA.

CaptO'Brien said:
Hey bushwick..thanks for the reply...i am planning on writing all of my written tests in belinham WA because i only live about 20 min from there...what else am i gonna need to know for my rides? questions they ask? will they be specific to regulations within the united states? i know that the glemmins is a good study guide for the writtens...but what else can i study for the questions on the ride...you said the ASA oral guide..whats that? i am already looking at getting the FAR/AIM to start studying up what else can i get? thanks!!

CaptO'Brein,
you don't have to go to all the way to Sheble's .. we can get your conversions done in Renton,WA .. Send me an IM and we'll talk..

I don't instruct there...never have...want to though...

Their main site is in Kingman, AZ and a secondary site is located at HND Henderson, NV. You will probably train at one and take the checkride at the other.

Not a bad school though, I will most likely do all my multi there next year.

$$$

They're good people down there, but for just a conversion??? TOO much money! Hopefully you figured out something with the Renton guy. If money doesn't matter, Sheble's is an easy ticket.

Latest resources

Back