• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sexual Harassment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Aviation needs to be totally excempt from any sexual harrassement issues, sexual harrassement is part of aviation. Like it or leave it.

Now I have to concede that discretion is the better part of valor, if I said that to my wife she would kick me out of the house. Get a grip guys.

TurboS7 said:
Aviation needs to be totally excempt from any sexual harrassement issues, sexual harrassement is part of aviation. Like it or leave it.

True.

I'm tired of my copilots complaining to the boss about it all the time.

:)

Till you go sit in the back on the JS with the FA's. Then they need to be giving you a form. It just proves the point that it has nothing to do about the harrassement, it is all about the money.

TurboS7 said:
Till you go sit in the back on the JS with the FA's. Then they need to be giving you a form. It just proves the point that it has nothing to do about the harrassement, it is all about the money.
Good point. I know a lot of people have something to say regarding civil trials, but without civil court, people would be shooting out their "civil" differences in the street.

People do have rights and they do have a right to work in an environemnt free from harassment.

Not too long ago, there was a guy and a girl throwing boxes around in the back of my plane and the guy was a new hire. He was severely crossing the boundaries of good taste with what he was saying and you could tell the girl was feeling a little uneasy.

There's no place for this type of thing in the workplace. It made her feel bad, it made me feel bad and now that I think about it...he's gone.

Furthermore, where is management? I figure if people are working slow enough to be able to hold a conversation, they ain't being pushed to full potential.

You think you've got it rough!!

A friend of mine works in the Toyota assembly factory outside Lexington, Kentucky. I don't remember how may thousand people are employed there.... 5 or 6 maybe. He told me 3 or 4 years ago that, among other things in their written company policy; if you stare at a woman for more than 8 seconds, it is considered sexual harassment, a firing offense. Of course, she'd have to make a formal complaint about the offense but he said it had been done to more than one individual just to cause them trouble or for revenge of some kind.

It is also a firing offense if you distribute a copy of that written policy outside the gates of the Toyota factory; they don't want anybody to know just how weird it is in there. He absolutely despises working there because of the oppressive atmosphere and I can tell you that job has turned him from a fun loving character who enjoyed life, into a glum, depressed misanthrope. Of course, it's the money that keeps him there.

The other side of the coin is that if Toyota didn't have, and enforce, some kind of a policy like that, every time someone sued for sexual harassment they would include Toyota in the suit. They probably do anyway.

What a world. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
....and hanging that Snap-ON-Tool calendar anywhere in the cockpit nowdays is out of the question...

Flylo said:
A friend of mine works in the Toyota assembly factory outside Lexington, Kentucky. ...their written company policy; if you stare at a woman for more than 8 seconds, it is considered sexual harassment, a firing offense.
I have worked in manufacturing...believe me, they were just trying improve the female worker's self esteem when they wrote that.

Latest resources

Back