• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Set Your DVRs MON: "Today", "Early Show," & "GMA"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is a chance that the FO doesn't want to go. Sully on the other hand has a great opportunity to put in a free plug for his safety firm. I am sure that he will be giving many accolades to the entire crew and rescue team.

Great job though by all involved.

Calling the shots? At this point, he could stipulate anything he wants from any network. It's not as though his wife/family was at home waiting to hear his fate. What is not appropriate is his wife on TV and not the other pilot, much less the whole crew! He should tell his family to keep thier a$$ off the tv, dont talk to reporters as you are speaking on a subject you know nothing about. He needs to get a hold of this situation and work it as well as he flies.

Dude chill out.:rolleyes:

There is a chance that the FO doesn't want to go. Sully on the other hand has a great opportunity to put in a free plug for his safety firm. I am sure that he will be giving many accolades to the entire crew and rescue team.

Great job though by all involved.

Heyas,

Agreed. I don't care how well I think performed, I'd stay WELL clear of the media feeding frenzy until the NTSB did their job.

Anything you say to the media, let alone on national TV, can and will be used against you in a court of law.

I'd run, not walk, away from this.

Nu

I wouldn't show up without my entire crew. Period.

They'll all be in the "movie" together that you'll be able to rent from Blockbuster....

Considering Sully's CRM qualifications I would hope that not only is his entire crew on, but that they are allowed to speak without question as to the responsibilities of each position, so once and for all the public get EDUCATED on the industry. This is a once on a lifetime chance for them to make a difference and potentially change the value of the profession again.

He had been scheduled to give his first public interview on Monday morning to NBC "Today" show host Matt Lauer, but the appearance was canceled Sunday at the request of the U.S. Airline Pilots Association.
Stephen Bradford, president of the pilots association, which represents the pilots on Flight 1549, said he had asked Sullenberger not to engage in any media activities for the time being. He said this was because the pilots association has "interested party" status with the NTSB which allows it to participate in the investigation.
"If the NTSB perceives that we are in any way compromising the objectivity of the investigation by innocuously releasing information to the media, our status will be rescinded and we will be unable to help determine the causal factors leading up to this very positive and well-documented outcome," he said.

From the AP this afternoon.

Latest resources

Back