Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Voice Of Reason

Reading Is Fundamental !
NBC’s “Today” show will have the first interview with hero pilot Captain Chesley “Sully” Sullenberger III, Access Hollywood has learned.
The pilot will speak to Matt Lauer on Monday morning in Washington, D.C. He’ll also be appearing on CBS’ “The Early Show” and ABC’s “Good Morning America” later that morning.

On Thursday, Chesley – an airline safety expert — saved the lives of 155 people onboard US Airways Airbus A320 with a heroic landing in the Hudson River after the plane struck a flock of birds minutes after takeoff.
“You’re not up in the air 3,500 feet and expecting to come down into the Hudson River and survive,” Denise Lockie, a survivor of the crash, told Access. “It’s unheard of. It’s never happened before.”
VIEW THE PHOTOS: Matt Lauer
“I find him just to be a remarkable man,” she said of the 57-year-old pilot, who was the last to exit the plane after doing a final sweep.
His heroics not only earned the praise of his passengers, but President-elect Barack Obama, who reached him by phone later in the week.
An Air Force veteran, Chesley has also been a NASA consultant and remains President and CEO of Safety Reliability Methods, Inc., according to his resume, which was posted online by The Smoking Gun. He has worked for US Airways since 1980.
Related Content from AccessHollywood.com:

Copyright Access Hollywood
First Published: Jan 17, 2009 4:45 PM EST

I hear the FO has interviews scheduled on several local public access cable stations. :rolleyes:

I just saw the video...

these guys just dead sticked a freakin' airbus into the water...and everyone lived. dude....dude...seriously. i've woken up in a cold sweat having dreams that weren't even close to as scary as than that!

I'm sure the captain is going to give as much credit to the fo on his interview as possible.

Al Haynes just got company in the "Cast Iron Pilot Balls" club....and I'm sure the fo won't be buying drinks ever again.

Mookie

Capt Sully on the Today Show

He is going to be interviewed Mon on the today show. Now from what I hear its just going to be him and his wife and kids. If he shows up without at least the f/o I am going to be a little disapointed! If it was me I would have the entire crew there! I guess we will see tomorrow.........

He may not be the one calling the shots in terms of TV appearances. But I'm sure he could stipulate that his FO be included. Although if it's the Captain and his family, then maybe not so appropriate as they're attempting to cover a more intimate angle??

I wouldn't show up without my entire crew. Period.

Heckuva job for ALL the crew that supported that aircraft. Air and ground. Because everything worked when it should and needed to.

He may not be the one calling the shots in terms of TV appearances. But I'm sure he could stipulate that his FO be included. Although if it's the Captain and his family, then maybe not so appropriate as they're attempting to cover a more intimate angle??
Calling the shots? At this point, he could stipulate anything he wants from any network. It's not as though his wife/family was at home waiting to hear his fate. What is not appropriate is his wife on TV and not the other pilot, much less the whole crew! He should tell his family to keep thier a$$ off the tv, dont talk to reporters as you are speaking on a subject you know nothing about. He needs to get a hold of this situation and work it as well as he flies.

I wouldn't show up without my entire crew. Period.

Malsar,

Great call. For the first few interviews, the entire crew needs to be present. There will be plenty of time for more intimate details later.

As all of us know, this was a total team effort. A hundred different factors had to come together perfectly to get the final result. He was not solo.

Captain Sully needs to dictate these terms to the TV stations if they want to interview him.

It will be a great tragedy if he appears without the rest of the crew.

AA767AV8TOR

Latest resources

Back