• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Serious Question: CAL or FEDEX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This may or may not have been mentioned previously, but another factor to consider is where you currently live. Your QOL will be much better if you live in or close to your base. From what I hear, FDX has some pretty commutable lines, but depending on where you live, commuting may be a bit more difficult at CAL.

Although I'd choose FDX if I were in your shoes, it really comes down to personal preference. FDX may offer things that cater to you that CAL doesn't and vice versa. Good luck with either company.

Fly safely.
Schmooze:cool:

c5driver said:
Got a quick question. I know it varies but what is the avg time you spend on the road with FedEx or UPS? I've heard something like 6-7 on with 6-7 off. What are you newhires doing right now? Thanks!

Oh yeah: Go with FedEx!

Holding a line 7 months out of training with 4 on 3-4 off, plus Thanksgiving, X-Mas and New years off. Not bad for a newbie! :beer:

I have done both and I personally think that you would be crazy not to go to FedEx. You have so many options over here...live where you want with our commuter policy, live in MEM and make more dough, fly domestic, fly international, fly big ones, fly small ones, fly on paid tickets on the airlines to your home city, fly in the day, fly at night. I swear every guy here has found some little niche that works perfect for their life. We are expanding like crazy and with big airplanes.
I know there is a weird kind of "cargo stigma" placed on us by the pax guys (that probably have never flown cargo) but I have never been happier than flying those quiet profitable boxes.
By the way, not all of us cargo guys hate people! ;) This job just lets me spend more time with the people that really matter!

See you over here amigo!

boost

LivinDaDream said:
I have been extremely lucky. I have offers from both CAL and Fedex.

Besides the obvious pay reasons for the first few years, what would you do and why???

LivinDaDream.............Did you make your decision yet??? We're all curious.

Latest resources

Back