• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

September 22 CHQ class canceled?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This past week alone 8 pilots have quit MDA.

My friend said the Chief Pilot made this remark when he put in his notice.

I have no idea why CHQ/REP cancelled class but I do know not many pilots at MDA will be going.

Bdfg1 said:
The reason classes cx'd is not because MidAtlantic pilots are taking the slots, it's because MidAtlantic pilots ARE NOT taking the slots. Figure it out for yourself. Quite a simple equation.

Huh? A 145 class was canceled, there were no MDA guys scheduled for this class. I think the point is,if there are no MDA guys going to fly the 170 at REP why wouldn't they be using CHQ guys, which would require more training in the 145 for attrition puposes.

But with only two sims available plus and 6 month checks coming due on some pilots,sim time is got to be getting very hard to schedule. Please don't forget the last bridge classes also, gotta get away from the AA fines.
Ponder & discuss

Jobear
170 neo-phyte

Capt.PoopyPants said:
Huh? A 145 class was canceled, there were no MDA guys scheduled for this class. I think the point is,if there are no MDA guys going to fly the 170 at REP why wouldn't they be using CHQ guys, which would require more training in the 145 for attrition puposes.

It goes like this. There was a bid for 20 total 170 CA positions at RP/SA. Supposedly there was a bid out at MDA also. The rumor is that there were enough MDA takers and RP would rather train those guys first. So if there are no in house upgrades there will be no need for 145 classes since no 145 FO will be upgrading.

Is there a chance Mangament is awaiting the outcome of the MDA court battle? If they trained their own guys....then MDA won, two many captains...not enough seats.

What's the timeline on this the court battle?

Are these planes scheduled to come over on specific dates? If not it seems like CHQ could let MDA keep on doing just what they're doing until the are ready to step in with either their own guys or retraining MDA guys.

Piker

According to the latest threats the first of the 25 170's are scheduled to start being outsourced in November.

ALL OR NONE!!

Bdfg1 said:
The reason classes cx'd is not because MidAtlantic pilots are taking the slots, it's because MidAtlantic pilots ARE NOT taking the slots. Figure it out for yourself. Quite a simple equation.

Go to bed junior!

Latest resources

Back