September 22 CHQ class canceled?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

snap145

anyone know why the August 22nd 145 class for Chautauqua was canceled...i just got the call..was supposed to be in the class.....just lookin for a little closure

Shuttle and Republic UPG classes are canc'd right now too...sounds like a sim problem, as in they don't have anywhere to put these guys. Just speculation, but I wouldn't worry about it.

Speculation is that more Mid-Atlantic pilots than anticipated bid Republic and these guys can complete class quicker than someone who hasn't previously flown the aircraft. Furlough notices were sent out to MAA prior to the Republic bid deadline.

The hiring will continue just delayed for the moment. Sit tight!

I heard they were delaying classes until they decided whether or not to accept Skywest's takeover offer.;)

They did it because of the Mid-Atlantic pilots coming over on the J4J deal. They only take 3 weeks to train VS. 5 weeks, so that way Republic can take more aircraft faster for cheaper.

The captains currently at Republic used to be 145 captains, thus creating a temporary need for new 145 captains and F/O's. For the short term, hiring may have to slow to accept the Mid-Atlantic pilots.

The Mid Atlantic pilots might staff 50% of the slots at Republic. Their union is still trying to argue that its a change of control and not an assest purchase, so there is a chance that they could staff 100% of the slots if they get their way. All of them over there have been through hell and back and I wish them good luck. However, it affects myself and my fellow CHQ employees livelyhoods, but I hope we can reach an agreement that doesnt anger too many people. But in this industry, I think this may be impossible, sad but true......

One more thing to add.....

Obviously a few guys over at Mid-Atlantic took Republics offer or else Repulic/CHQ/Shuttle would not have cancelled classes (new hires as well as ALL upgrades). Now since the midiator or judge (whatever) hasnt ruled on the asset sale VS. change of control, does this mean some Mid-Atlantic guys are flying banned work?
What if the judge agrees that it is a change of control and they get 100% of the slots at Republic, would these initial tranfers be considered scabs?
Just trying to start intelligent debate, try not to turn this into an all out flightinfo pilot group bash.

The reason classes cx'd is not because MidAtlantic pilots are taking the slots, it's because MidAtlantic pilots ARE NOT taking the slots. Figure it out for yourself. Quite a simple equation.

Bdfg1 said:
The reason classes cx'd is not because MidAtlantic pilots are taking the slots, it's because MidAtlantic pilots ARE NOT taking the slots. Figure it out for yourself. Quite a simple equation.

We have a winner!!!!

Furloughed U pilots wont go to REP will get furlough pay and benefits. If they wanted to do the J4J deal, they would have done it 2-3 years ago.
CEL pilots, MDA F/O's, (Ex PDT and ALG) will lose their callback rights to USAir/AmericaWest if they go to REP. They are also working on the flow-back LOA to PDT/ALG which was agreed upon last year.

Out of three clases offered to MDA pilots, only 2 pilots have finished training and 5 have been pulled off line willing to go to the next 170 class.

I seriously doubt 75 MDA pilots will go to REP.
More slots for CHQ pilots for the 170.

I dont think thats the reason. If it was, they would still have the classes scheduled and ready to go with CHQ guys instead. There are plenty of pilots at CHQ ready for upgrade and with 3 Mid-Atlantic planes coming per month, they NEED people in class......now. It doesnt matter what company they come from, they need them. Thats why I think there are Mid-Atlantic guys who took the offer.

So what you are saying is that Mid-Atlantic pilots are not wanting to have jobs at Republic, and are not taking the classes. Meanwhile, there are lots of current CHQ guys ready for upgrade, however the company just cancelled all upgrade classes.
So does this mean you think management just wants the airplanes but not pilots to fly them? Ive never known a growing profitable airline to run this way.

If any Mid-Atlantic guys would like to chime in with some ideas, by all means, please contribute.

STB, I was unaware about how few MDA pilots took classes already. Thats the kind of information I was looking for. Thank you.

Latest resources

Back