• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Seniority Resignation at Good ol' USAir

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FurloughedAgain, this is probably not a subject that you want to discuss on a public board. ... I know the answer that you're looking for, but if U management publically states that they'll ignore resignation letters, what do you figure the odds are that companies which require seniority resignation will hire furloughed U pilots?

I'd recommend that you let this issue lie dormant until U is close to recalling pilots. No matter what the policy is today, it can be different once recalls start. Hopefully you've got a decent enough MEC which will fight to have those letters of resignation ignored.

Best of luck; I feel your pain.

Frats,
Andy

Any place that requires you to resign seniority is more that likely a place that is worthy of you as a pilot.

This one went to na, na land. It is suppose the read that any place that requires you to resign senority is not worthy of you as a pilot---geeeezzzz.

Fedex avoided F-worded guys (with the exception of USAir) during their last round of hiring. I have heard (anecdotally...) that part of the reason was a lot of guys got F-d by AA and DAL, then went back when recalled a few years later. That raised the ire of mgt who said "never again".

Wanna know the happiest guys in the AOC at 2 am? Its those 91-92 furloughees that are now 727 Captains or MD11 Capts out of Anchorage. One of my favorite Capts to fly with was a former Navy Delta F-lo-ee who decided his job was to "stay working" and take care of his family so he passed on the recall. Another former OV10 bro is there with a similar story. I doubt, however, we will see similar stories in the next few years.

I'm not sure I could have faulted a guy with 2 years at FDX leaving to go back to AA in 94/95, but the fallout is it basically killed any chance of other guys getting the chance when AA furloughed AGAIN. Tough issue any way you look at it... FDX did hire some US Air folks, but they were looking like dead men walking as a company at the time and quite frankly I haven't heard a single U employee ever mention going back for any reasons.

FYI...JetBlue doesn't want your resignation. They seem to think you'll like the blue cool aid. Don't know know SWA's position, but I don't think we (FDX) hired a single AA, DAL, or UAL furloughee in my 2 years on the property.

JetBlue

I understand JetBlue doesn't require a resignation letter, but they do require a 2-year non-compete clause....

Considering the slashed compensation at American, future prospects of growth, as well as the implosion of the APA, I doubt any American pilot that got hired by FEDEX would even consider going back to AMR.

I wonder what'll happen to the furloughed "U" guys who resigned (because they had no choice) now that AWA is committing to hire the furloughees starting in 06'.

Resigned under duress. Hmmm. Bet you could find a lawyer to take that case.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back