Seniority Resignation at Good ol' USAir

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CaSyndrm said:
It doesn't take a genius to figure out that I'm furloughed.

So the F*** USAirways = furloughed USAirways, as in you are a furloughed USAirways pilot. Does that make me a genius :rolleyes: :p .

What I don't understand from the tone of your posts is why you are so angry at USAirways? Did they ruin your life? Are they the root of all your misery?

It was just a job, nothing to get mad about. All companies should be used for what you can get out of them, when it ends you move on. I've now been furloughed from USAirways for a combined total of 10.5 years. The first time was 8 years ( well 7 years and 3 months, but who is counting ). That time I got some DC-9 time out of them which allowed me to become a DC-9 Captain within 5 years of being hired by them ( that is what they told me in the interview, they just weren't specific as to who it would be for :D ). This second time around I was able to parlay the 737 time and type rating they gave me into a 777 job. So I hold nothing against USAirways. I am a little pieved at Stephen Wolf, Rakesh Gangwal, and Larry Nagin for stealing my accrued pension benefits, but other than that I still like the people at USAirways and wish them the best.

TP

My only complaint - and I dont blame USAir - is that so many of us were forced to resign as a condition of employment in order to find work.

Those who were furloughed in late 01 and early 02 didn't have the benefit of "jets4jobs" -- it hadn't started yet. So we had to go find jobs to keep food on the table.

Sure would've been nice to have USAir/AWA as a "plan B" if our current career plans didn't work out.

BenderGonzales said:
My only complaint - and I dont blame USAir - is that so many of us were forced to resign as a condition of employment in order to find work.

Only as a condition where you chose to go to work.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back