• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Seniority number

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah call me a bitter furloughed pilot but age pisses me off. We do not discriminate based on age yet we can place people in seniority on it. I was in a class where a lot of the old guys (38 plus) were 200 hour wonders. The more experienced guys and ones with higher test scores were the younger former CFI's. Needless to say we had fuloughs and my class got cut in half. The more experienced guys got let go. The old farts who still dont have 600 hours are still flying. Bitter yes I'd admit it.

Yeah call me a bitter furloughed pilot but age pisses me off. We do not discriminate based on age yet we can place people in seniority on it. I was in a class where a lot of the old guys (38 plus) were 200 hour wonders. The more experienced guys and ones with higher test scores were the younger former CFI's. Needless to say we had fuloughs and my class got cut in half. The more experienced guys got let go. The old farts who still dont have 600 hours are still flying. Bitter yes I'd admit it.

"200 hour wonders"...who's been hiring those lately?

If given the chance, bet on age and treachery rather than youth and exuberance. Age and treachery will win every time.

bet you had no problem with the age 60 rule either.

Don't worry. If you decide to stay in this business you'll get to experience age discrimination from the other side of this coin, as well.

It goes both ways!! Get over it.

Latest resources

Back