Seniority number

ALIMBO

Total Time
If an airline hires say 40 people at once how do they delegate a seniority number if they got on at the same time as everyone else?

Erlanger

Total Time
13000+
It's usually based on social security number then; using the last 4.

WIPilot

Total Time
it is different at every airline. mine went Date of Birth

Aerosurfer

I envy the Gaut
Total Time
Point7
age at my last 2 airlines. Final test score at my first (Flight Express)

ALIMBO

Total Time
Thanks

hockeypilot44

Total Time
They used to all use date of birth. Then somebody sued for age discrimination and won. I think it was United that was sued. Some of the airlines changed it to last four digits of ss# after that.

transampilot

Total Time
>3000
At sky way we picked are names out of a hat first one pulled gets the best seniority and so on. It was only a class of 12 though.

Raoul Duke

Total Time
Mesa it was typically the person that the instructor knows. WN actually did it correctly

meyers9163

Total Time
>0
Yeah call me a bitter furloughed pilot but age pisses me off. We do not discriminate based on age yet we can place people in seniority on it. I was in a class where a lot of the old guys (38 plus) were 200 hour wonders. The more experienced guys and ones with higher test scores were the younger former CFI's. Needless to say we had fuloughs and my class got cut in half. The more experienced guys got let go. The old farts who still dont have 600 hours are still flying. Bitter yes I'd admit it.

Gr82Aviate

Total Time
Yeah call me a bitter furloughed pilot but age pisses me off. We do not discriminate based on age yet we can place people in seniority on it. I was in a class where a lot of the old guys (38 plus) were 200 hour wonders. The more experienced guys and ones with higher test scores were the younger former CFI's. Needless to say we had fuloughs and my class got cut in half. The more experienced guys got let go. The old farts who still dont have 600 hours are still flying. Bitter yes I'd admit it.

"200 hour wonders"...who's been hiring those lately?

Axel

If given the chance, bet on age and treachery rather than youth and exuberance. Age and treachery will win every time.

flyf15

Total Time
Seems to me totally random would be the best way...

vectorvictor

Total Time
Lifer
If given the chance, bet on age and treachery rather than youth and exuberance. Age and treachery will win every time.
I think it has something to do with threshold of pain.

LOL. Well put.

bailout

Total Time
bet you had no problem with the age 60 rule either.

makersmarc

St. Thomas Free Univ.
Total Time
Don't worry. If you decide to stay in this business you'll get to experience age discrimination from the other side of this coin, as well.

say again

I love her ARSE!!!!
Total Time
It goes both ways!! Get over it.