Seniority for sale at Mesa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Trojan,

It's been pretty quiet lately, but the last I heard the trial was scheduled for April 7th with a settlement conference in January. Ron Burkle, Aloha's lead investor purchased the lawsuit with credit against his unsecured claims.

With the bonds due, the Delta disaster and who knows what with UAL, the stock has been trading in the $.30-.40 range. I think the BK docs have already been drafted, they are just waiting for the right moment.

I have a friend considering this, it is a good deal, it is a 20% increase in his current rate. Add to that the fact it is tax free for 2 years (KP pays to a HKG bank account in pugagies or whatever they call their currency) plus he keeps US Mainline flight benefits - spouse, parents and kids - through a deal cut by Mesa with its partners (no other foreign carriers can offer that travel benefit) and KP includes housing for its pilots and 30 days vacation plus holidays off the bat. So at the end of the day, he could be a junior CA at Mesa and sit reserve in PHX or he can go for 2 years to China - work tax free - live in CO provided housing - save money - accure seniority and longevity - and return as a lineholding Capt. Not such a dumb decision in my book.

Trojan,

It's been pretty quiet lately, but the last I heard the trial was scheduled for April 7th with a settlement conference in January. Ron Burkle, Aloha's lead investor purchased the lawsuit with credit against his unsecured claims.

With the bonds due, the Delta disaster and who knows what with UAL, the stock has been trading in the $.30-.40 range. I think the BK docs have already been drafted, they are just waiting for the right moment.

Poahi,

Thanx for the info!! Yeah, I agree on the BK docs. I wonder if Mesa has been waiting till the last minute also hoping for a miracle? Thanx again for the info, and I certainly don't mean to hijack the thread!

Trojan

Rest easy

Mesa is one of ALPA's major players. ALPA will take care of everything. Besides, if it fail they will raise or dues.
Oh yea, what a wonderful place to park you bike. A Brazilian bike rack.

This is actually good news for all the Mesa haters. JO is looking for ways to get guys off the payroll. This way he can eliminate the higher payed captains for a couple years and keep the junior guys that would be furloughed, all the while spoon feeding the newbs good news so there won't be a mass exodus. JO knows the game is over, he's just trying to find ways to keep as much money in his pocket as possible before he goes down in flames. If you take this offer, there may be no Mesa for you to come back to in 2 years.

mesa ta

vote no,it sucks to be paid less than gojets

alpa failed once again.

No pay increases for captains and 1.28 perdiem, are you kidding me.

what happen Angelo, so much for the tough talk

It's not quite tax free as you will be paying taxes to the Chinese.

Latest resources

Back