• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Seniority dispute ends at US Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
- so let me repeat this - NOT ONE PILOT that I have talked to would vote yes for a contract with Nic -
So then I'll repeat: we don't believe you. You'll just have to prove it.

charlie2 said:
By the way a "snapback" is technically a differant animal then the expiration of a pay freeze which is our position on this grievance.
Whatever. The arbitration IMO is lost. (Once again, no gloating.)

Charlie,

TWA Dude explains it pretty well.

Two comments about DOH. There is a good chance the courts are going to tell the company the Nic is the list. There is also Leonidas and DFRII to contend with. I guess I can ask the same question. What seniority list are you going to use when DOH gets booted?

I think you may have to come to the conclusion that any contract will include the arbitratd award will be part of any contract put on the table. If you are sure that a contract which includes the Nic will be voted down, give us the eopportunity to vote on a contract.

There should be nothing to worry about since you have the majority, right?

I never thought DOH was the right thing to do but giving zero credit for 16 years of service is also not the right thing to do so if my only choice is DOH or the nic it will be DOH. If we are court ordered to negotiate a contract using only the nic and we can vote it down a few times maybe we can go back to that court with that and ask for some relief. Maybe I am being lied to by other pilots and they will vote for any contract even with the nic but I really believe they wont. Cowboy, I used to chuckle at your previous message at the bottom of your posts that said something like no nic...chaos. I bet you guys hired a bunch of guys in their 30's and maybe even a few in their 20's and I know age has nothing to do with any legal or even Nicolaus' decision making but it sure will affect the day to day line flying! I'm in my 50's and if the nic was implimented right now I would have your 04/05 hires as my captains and you think there will be chaos with no nic? Anyone who flys the line should know there are a billion ways to make the other pilot miserable without affecting safety. I know because every month I avoid bid the few miserable ones we have! With the nic my new 30 year old captain will spend the next 35 years as a captain the last 20 as a wide body captain. What's that about 6 million in earnings? With the nic I will spend the last 10 years of mine as a narrow body FO...what's that about a half million? Sure hope nothing happens to get us both fired i.e over flying MSP as my 30 year old captain has so much more to lose than I!!! Nic=Chaos

I never thought DOH was the right thing to do but giving zero credit for 16 years of service is also not the right thing to do so if my only choice is DOH or the nic it will be DOH. If we are court ordered to negotiate a contract using only the nic and we can vote it down a few times maybe we can go back to that court with that and ask for some relief. Maybe I am being lied to by other pilots and they will vote for any contract even with the nic but I really believe they wont. Cowboy, I used to chuckle at your previous message at the bottom of your posts that said something like no nic...chaos. I bet you guys hired a bunch of guys in their 30's and maybe even a few in their 20's and I know age has nothing to do with any legal or even Nicolaus' decision making but it sure will affect the day to day line flying! I'm in my 50's and if the nic was implimented right now I would have your 04/05 hires as my captains and you think there will be chaos with no nic? Anyone who flys the line should know there are a billion ways to make the other pilot miserable without affecting safety. I know because every month I avoid bid the few miserable ones we have! With the nic my new 30 year old captain will spend the next 35 years as a captain the last 20 as a wide body captain. What's that about 6 million in earnings? With the nic I will spend the last 10 years of mine as a narrow body FO...what's that about a half million? Sure hope nothing happens to get us both fired i.e over flying MSP as my 30 year old captain has so much more to lose than I!!! Nic=Chaos

A 04/05 hire is barely employed, if not furloughed, yet he/she could hold captain on the east?.....come on!

16 years at US Airways got you a position on list of furloughed pilots or at the bottom of the seniority list. The Nicolau list accounts for this. USAPA's DOH list puts this same pilot next to a 16 year AWA captain with uninterrupted service that has been a captain for 8 years.

Since the beginning, the east pilots have not offered any compromise on seniority. Why is it all or nothing with you guys?

Charlie,

I chuckled at your Carlin link on the near-miss thread. We are not going to agree on much except our shared sense of humor.

Here's one from the funniest cowboy:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=16277227

That was great, thanks! We also agree that there will most likely be a bit of chaos in the future although I believe it wont affect safety like some of my colleages think. It will just take some of the fun out of a job that should be fun.

How many westies would vote for a contract with DOH. You westies know that answer just like easties know how many would with Nic.

M

That was great, thanks! We also agree that there will most likely be a bit of chaos in the future although I believe it wont affect safety like some of my colleages think. It will just take some of the fun out of a job that should be fun.

I thought you would like that, Charlie. As far as safety is concerned, when it is time to fly, I don't let this debate bother me. It seems to bother posters such as B-*$#@ though. I leave it for the boards and off the line.

Fly safe and enjoy the job.

Last edited:
So then I'll repeat: we don't believe you. You'll just have to prove it.

Whatever. The arbitration IMO is lost. (Once again, no gloating.)

TWA Dude -

No need to prove it - a "contract with the nic" will not even be submitted from the NC to the BPR or to the majority for a vote.

As to the arbitration (settlement) for LOA 93 decision - you have some inside info on how you can be so cocky (once again)? Just like the Nineth Circuit decision was ("IMO") going in the westies favor?

Man - (once again, no gloating) some of you sure are cocky - "Hey - I won the lottery (for the East Captain Seats), and then during the "out of order" furloughs (for the East First Officer Seats).

With all due respect - I'll stay in CLT until I retire if you promise to stay in PHX until you retire.

Metrojet

A 04/05 hire is barely employed, if not furloughed, yet he/she could hold captain on the east?.....come on!

Yes the most junior west pilot is a captain with the nic.

16 years at US Airways got you a position on list of furloughed pilots or at the bottom of the seniority list. The Nicolau list accounts for this. USAPA's DOH list puts this same pilot next to a 16 year AWA captain with uninterrupted service that has been a captain for 8 years.

Not a DOH fan.

Since the beginning, the east pilots have not offered any compromise on seniority. Why is it all or nothing with you guys?

Not accurate.

TWA Dude -

No need to prove it - a "contract with the nic" will not even be submitted from the NC to the BPR or to the majority for a vote.
Here's how I see this all going down. The least likely scenario for the judge in the company's suit for declaratory judgment is to say the company can do whatever it likes without worry of liability. Therefore, even if the suit is dismissed outright the company will tell USAPA it won't negotiate away from the Nicolau list. Once y'all realize the raison d'etre for USAPA has failed the majority will decide to get a raise.

No need to prove it? Well, if you don't care whether anybody believes anything you say I guess that would be true. Personally, I don't see the point in posting if people think I'm a liar.
As to the arbitration (settlement) for LOA 93 decision - you have some inside info on how you can be so cocky (once again)?
I expressed my opinion without chest beating or gloating. Any cockyness you perceived came from your own mind.
With all due respect - I'll stay in CLT until I retire if you promise to stay in PHX until you retire.
Metrojet
Sounds great. All you have to do is convince an arbitrator that's reasonable. Oops, he didn't agree with your proposal. I wonder why?

Latest resources

Back