• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Seniority dispute ends at US Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If the Nic were not a huge windfall, they would be content with staying separate. Why is one group happy with separate ops and the other wants it combined at all cost.

The Nic is dead and the sooner the Westies except that, the faster a contract. I know many west pilots who are fed up with AOL and all the waisted money. Many Westies want to move on but there is huge pressure from the AOL extremist. Many Westies know the C and R will protect PHX and time will allow the younger AWA pilots to move rapidly up the seniority list once the retirements begin.

M

I almost started to laugh, but then I realized how old the most junior east is. Even their daughters have to be in their forties! After I thought about it, I threw up in my mouth a little. :puke:

Pssst. Regardless of the USAPA flamebait, most of the guys are AWA are in their upper 40s to early 50s. So... if that makes you sick, whatever.

If the Nic were not a huge windfall, they would be content with staying separate. Why is one group happy with separate ops and the other wants it combined at all cost.

No group is totally happy, but the West has already been through one integration process (the Nic) and sees no reason to go through another. Although realistically speaking, the West knows the East alternative to the Nic is a generous stapling. Thanks, but no thanks.

The Nic is dead and the sooner the Westies except that, the faster a contract. (Uh, no it isn't, but I'd say the same about the East accepting the NIC.) I know many west pilots who are fed up with AOL and all the waisted (wasted) money. Many Westies want to move on but there is huge pressure from the AOL extremist. (No you don't, because there really aren't any but go ahead and pass that along. Nobody listens to you anyway.) Many Westies know the C and R will protect PHX and time will allow the younger AWA pilots to move rapidly up the seniority list once the retirements begin. (C and Rs are only good for the East pilots and are a do-over of the seniority process that has already been completed. Thanks but no thanks.)

M

There, I fixed it.

The Nic was not an integration process... that was some other agnet wich is not on the property. USAPA has nothing to do with Nic

B-atch suspended for profanity and direct verbal attack on another member.

Keep it clean, ladies and gentlemen.

/mod

Riiiiiiight. Or everyone can follow the East entitlement plan of "return from furlough to the left seat in Phoenix, and then make pretty much ALL West pilots furlough fodder". THAT"mindset" is what got USAir pilots (*the NEW USAir, in case you forgot) to where they are now.

Nic award. No fences. The West pilots accept that far more commuting Easties will go West that the other way around. It is going to slow upgrades down in Phoenix and create openings in the Philly. I think you'd be surprised at how many West people won't find commuting there a viable choice, but why accept some bogus fence when Nic already settled the dispute?

Total inflammatory nonsense. No one would return from furlough and be able to hold PHX Captain. Why does misrepresenting the truth make you guys so horny? What is it about blathering total garbage on FI.com trying to get mesa pilots to worship you that gets you off so much?

And to finish with the inane statement that Nic settled the dispute.....It might get settled someday, but Nic had nothing to do with settling it.

It seems to me that the economic HOLE that the AOL group has dug for itself is fairly substantial. Why defend the NIC? if not for its LONG TERM rewards...

There is no economic hole caused by funding an organization defending the rights of pilots who should have been fairly represented by a union. An economic hole was created for those pilots furloughed out of seniority or downgraded. The reason Leonidas LLC exists is to defend the rights of pilots to be fairly represented by it's bargaining agent.

Westies like to misrepresent the truth. Just watch the Kirby session . The amount of lies and words spoken are just amazing. Kirby just keeps shaking his head wondering where these Westies come up with this .

Anyway, the Westies just do not get it. The desperation shows. (By the way, who is that dork with that retarded T shirt?) Funny how Kirby refers to a lottery ticket that you can not cash when he talks about the Nic. Watch the F/A session. Very eye opening about the value of PHX.

NIC DOA

M

The Nic was not an integration process... that was some other agnet wich is not on the property. USAPA has nothing to do with Nic

USAPA had nothing to do with current pay and work rules either, but that doesn't mean they get to pick and choose which ones they want to use. The INHERITED the current contracts because they had already been negotiated. They INHERITED the Nic for the same reason.

Latest resources

Back