• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Seniority dispute ends at US Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Okay, then why refuse to meet with the west pilots? If there is no legal reason not to? I keep asking and you folks keep not answering.

"keep not answering"?? Who's the DMF NOW!!

Okay, then why refuse to meet with the west pilots? If there is no legal reason not to? I keep asking and you folks keep not answering.

Simple, because the don't REALLY represent us.....

Simple, because the don't REALLY represent us.....

Ah, but legally don't they have a "Duty of Fair Representation"? And so we come full circle and return to the heart of the matter. :beer:

Posted by USAPAWATCH

This evening USAPA issued an update regarding their completely ineffective Leadership Walk held last week in Philadelphia. Despite bringing out the big guns from our soon to be national union (Teamsters) and some east AFA officers, few outsiders noticed the 75 or so pilots attending the event on their own dime.

When the former bargaining agent held a coast-to-coast picket during 2006, close to 1000 unified pilots sent a clear message to US Airways management. Over three years since the formation of USAPA, the best that could be mustered was a mere 75 pilots rounded up to the nearest 150 with significant flight pay loss.

USAPA is the only one to blame for our rock bottom wages and work rules. Mr. Cleary’s MO is all about delay.

The next time you have to decide whether to run a balance on your credit card or delay the payment on a loan, send an email to Mr. Cleary thanking him for all his hard work.

Some show of unity with 75 showing up? I'll bet the folks in Tempe are laughing all the way to the bank.

Thanks USAPA.

USAIR is fine with separate ops. So are the majority of East pilots.

Lets just do the MDA thing.

Like MDA= AWA pilots are on the same certificate, have the same dispatchers and schedulers. Like MDA, the only thing you can not do is bid over to certain airplanes.

According to West posters that would be ok. Because that is how MDA was treated. According to West pilots MDA was not USAIR, just like AWA pilot group is not USAIR. If it would be, you could bid the 330 or the 767 or the 190. Since you can not bid these positions like the MDA pilots, you should not be considered USAIR pilots and if we merge we will count the WEST just like MDA. Non existent and not having a job. Fair? Right.

M

Last edited:
The USAIR is fine with separate ops. So are the majority of East pilots. Lets just do the MDA thing. Like MDA=Same certificate, Same dispatchers and schedulers. Like MDA, the only thing you can not do is bid over. According to West posters that would be ok. Because that is how MDA was treated. According to West pilots MDA was not USAIR, just like AWA pilot group is not USAIR. If it would be, you could bid the 330 or the 767 or the 190. Since you can not bid these positions like the MDA pilots, you should not be considered USAIR pilots and if we merge we will count the WEST just like MDA. Non existent. Fair? Right.

M

Marty, Marty, Marty...when are you going to accept the fact the OLD USAir is dead? It's GONE.

How about this...I would accept locking USAir East off from the rest of the system if all new hires are placed on the West list and all new aircraft are added into the West system. Wide bodies, narrow bodies, Super RJs, whatever. The East keeps the aircraft they have (*identified by serial number) and the West pilots will never fly them. As the East list gets smaller (due to your anticipated attrition) and the aircraft are retired, West "bases" will open in CLT and PHL and whatever else is added.

Your pals would get to keep exactly what they have right now, including work rules, benefits, contract, USAPA...everything. You'd get exactly what you want without any meddling from the West pilots. The West could dump the USAPA social club and get a real union.

How does that sound? I think it's reasonable.

Marty, Marty, Marty...when are you going to accept the fact the OLD USAir is dead? It's GONE.

That's too funny, I was going to start my response with Marty x 3. :rolleyes:
You beat me to it. :beer:

Latest resources

Back