Seniority dispute ends at US Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wrong.

AWA actually attained major status before Southwest.

AWA pilots negotiated two working agreements.

The first one was negotiated and ratified under the auspices of chapter 11 bankruptcy. First year pay was the highest of any major.

The second agreement was negotiated under the covenants proscribed by the ATSB in the wake of the 9-11 attacks. This agreement still brought raises and improved scheduling. Better schedules than USAir east pilot have.

While AWA pilots were able to improve pay and working conditions while having to fight chapter 11 and then the ATSB the USAir pilots were giving everything they could think of away. The let my Daddy vote campaign (i.e. we are scared of everything Mr. Management Man, please make the bad times go away.)

In other words; pathetic behavior by the east pilots.

AWA was profitable. In fact AWA had to cover USAir's payroll for the first six months after the merger was announced.

USAir was pretty close to death. I know that because we have a few pilots who did free lance Airbus repositioning flying. I personally know of two pilots who were put on standby by GE to move USAir airbuses to temporary staging in the desert.

USAir would have liquidated and AWA would have lived years longer and would have had several opportunities to merge with other carriers. In addition, the vacuum left by the death of USAir would have provided growth opportunities for all remaining carriers with access to capitol.

AWA had access to capitol.

You have been consistently wrong about everything so why should anyone listen to a PFT Gulfstream washout?

Not only are you a PFT loser but you were not even smart enough to go to a place where you could get your money's worth.

You could not even buy a job successfully.

What is your obsession with USAir east?

You don't work there and based on your stellar aviation trajectory you likely will never see the flightdeck of any major airline. Which is a good thing.

Your daddy must be a really bitter guy. Probably because he thinks his twelve years of furlough time should place him senior to a west captain.

Both he and you are delusional and none too bright.

Thank you for correcting MCdoosh, I don't always have the time to bring him back to reality. It must really burn him up, the fact that little AWA saved US from liquidation.

Last edited:
Carl, there must be some concern on the part of the elected representatives at USAPA that the 9th was not so iron clad in its ruling. Otherwise, how to explain their refusal to meet with those they are elected to represent? I would call the spin they are putting out more what USAPA hopes the 9th meant with their ruling.

Carl, there must be some concern on the part of the elected representatives at USAPA that the 9th was not so iron clad in its ruling. Otherwise, how to explain their refusal to meet with those they are elected to represent? I would call the spin they are putting out more what USAPA hopes the 9th meant with their ruling.

They understand that the 9th's ruling was simply a punt. The Usapian spin machine just spits out their propaganda knowing good and well they are going to be dragged back in court again. Everything thus far has been a delay tactic. That strategy can't be used forever and will end. They'll look back at all the wasted time and money spent only to have it come full circle back to the arbitrated list.

They will never see DOH on this property. They will try and we will make sure that that fantasy list goes in the garbage where it belongs.

Remind me again, what did Tashima and Graber rule on? Was is merit or ripeness?

USAPA had five complaints in the appeal, the first being ripeness, the others being merits were not ruled on since the entire case was dismissed. Wake was ordered to vacate his erroneous injunction that prevented the union from freely dealing with the internal union dispute according to the DFR standard of the SCOTUS.

Thanks for askin'.

If I recall, all the merits were weak and ripeness was the full court press during oral and written arguements(premature adjuciation was the pun). Please refresh us on those stellar merits that were to be reviewed if ripeness failed! SCOTUS DFR standards? Is that a USAPA wet dream?

Last edited:
USAPA had five complaints in the appeal, the first being ripeness, the others being merits were not ruled on since the entire case was dismissed. Wake was ordered to vacate his erroneous injunction that prevented the union from freely dealing with the internal union dispute according to the DFR standard of the SCOTUS.

Thanks for askin'.
Did you read Lance's latest missive?

Thanks for askin'.

Okay, then why refuse to meet with the west pilots? If there is no legal reason not to? I keep asking and you folks keep not answering.

Thanks for askin'.

I actually read the 9th ruling and it said none of that. Did you form your opinion based on USAPA's Reader Digest version?

Latest resources

Back