• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

zonker

Senior Pilots Coalition Lobbies Against "60" Rule
Published on: August 2, 2007
http://javascript<b></b>:printPage();
The Senior Pilots Coalition says that Federal Aviation Administration Administrator Marion Blakey could help to ease the current U.S. airline pilot shortage and minimize inconvenient and even dangerous airline delays by expediting the FAA's elimination of the discriminatory "Age 60 Rule," and putting hundreds of America's most experienced and best pilots back into the cockpit where they belong. With its membership ranks now topping 250, the SPC's motto is: "Leave No Pilot Behind." The Senior Pilots Coalition is seeking in D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit to force the FAA to reconsider the agency's decision not to grant waivers to a group of pilots who were arbitrarily forced to stop flying at the age of 60. The FAA claims to be working toward the desired rule change, but has yet to begin the rule-change procedure or even just announce the date for the beginning of that process. For more information, visit www.SeniorPilotsCoalition.org.

Funny, the current "pilot shortage" is due to VERY low regional pay. Educated people can make three times the cash in other fields. There are no shortages of applications at DAL, UAL and the freight haulers. My take is that when 60 changes, the whole industry stagnates, yes the "pilot shortage" will be solved and the regionals can continue to pay slave wages cause their pilots will be stuck there.

But alas, its not about the young regional guy its about ME....ME....ME the senior captain at a major.

senior pilot coalition aka greedy tools who have 3 ex-wifes and could never save enough because they were idiots but benefited from the age 60 rule during their whole greed induced career.

Your not a senior til your 65? So, if your an idiot pilot and your 60, your considered a senior & you can get discounts at grocery stores & deals on cars and hookers... What do you do?? Bring your pilots license in and explain it to them.

it is always about the me me me crowd that is in it for them. too bad the senior people like to screw the young. so long you old farts. it is past your time, now get out

flame way. I can only hope for some type of intelligent banter

The Senior Pilots Coalition says that Federal Aviation Administration Administrator Marion Blakey could help to ease the current U.S. airline pilot shortage and minimize inconvenient and even dangerous airline delays by expediting the FAA's elimination of the discriminatory "Age 60 Rule," and putting hundreds of America's most experienced and best pilots back into the cockpit where they belong.

How in the world do these people connect age 65 and DELAYS!? Nice try to piggyback age 65 with the current public hot topic of delays...I just don't get that.

How about pilot shortage. This just seems to me to be a strategy of if you say something over and over again, people start to assume it is true? There is no shortage of pilots. There has been no shortage of pilots for years and years. The only companies that experience a shortage of pilots are operators that offer substandard employment conditions. I am glad that in our current environment, pilots are staying away from lowball companies. If they improve their conditions, they will see an increase in applicants.

http://javascript<b></b>:printPage();
The Senior Pilots Coalition says that Federal Aviation Administration Administrator Marion Blakey could help to ease the current U.S. airline pilot shortage and minimize inconvenient and even dangerous airline delays by expediting the FAA's elimination of the discriminatory "Age 60 Rule," and putting hundreds of America's most experienced and best pilots back into the cockpit where they belong. With its membership ranks now topping 250, the SPC's motto is: "Leave No Pilot Behind." The Senior Pilots Coalition is seeking in D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit to force the FAA to reconsider the agency's decision not to grant waivers to a group of pilots who were arbitrarily forced to stop flying at the age of 60. The FAA claims to be working toward the desired rule change, but has yet to begin the rule-change procedure or even just announce the date for the beginning of that process. For more information, visit www.SeniorPilotsCoalition.org.

No Pilot left behind? that's funny. What about the 2000+ pilots at American waiting to get back into the cockpit?? that's right, guys in their 40s trying to feed their families. Oh yeah, that's right they don't count..... your slogan should be more, Who cares about any pilot left behind but me!!
I hope I don't ever fly with any of those selfish pricks.

I am absolutely against changing the age 60 rule, but that being said, the selfish flows both ways. It's all about the money. Nothing else. Just the money.

Latest resources

Back