• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Senators Seek To Reinstate USAirways Pensions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
“If US Airways now clearly has ability to generate considerable cash and has easy access to credit markets, the company’s ability to restore its terminated pension plans must be fully explored."

Hey Doogie...uh-oh!...huh?

Looks like that Capital Hill trip was even worse than it looked like.

Hey Doogie...uh-oh!...huh?

Looks like that Capital Hill trip was even worse than it looked like.
ROFLMAO!!!

While I don't think anything will come of this, I still think it's pretty funny.

I don't see the PBGC or any other government agency being able to FORCE UAir to take out a high interest loan just to re-fund the pension plan.

Getting a loan to try to make money is quite a different thing than getting a loan to pay another debt, otherwise known as "Robbing Peter to pay Paul".

Still, it was worth a nice smiley moment... ;)

I'm sorry, America West had a pension fund when we acquired USAirways? And now some senators want us to reinstate it? Wait, what?... Oh... nevermind.

JT8D;1239392 Looks like that Capital Hill trip was even worse than it looked like.[/quote said:
You should have seen it first hand. In person the tongue lashing he got over wanting to spend billions on an acquisition no one but him and his financier cronies want as opposed to taking care of his own employees first was great to watch.

He may have opened his own pandoras box by flaunting those billions around.

I'm sorry, America West had a pension fund when we acquired USAirways? And now some senators want us to reinstate it? Wait, what?... Oh... nevermind.

AAA employees, who make up the majority of LCC employees had their pensions terminated because the company claimed they couldn't afford it. Now the new entity, LCC, who assumed all the AAA obligations is making 100s of millions in profit and has easy access to the captal markets, so it is only right that they should honor the obligations of their employees and not dump it on the tax payers.

Mr XRMEFLYER, just because you have a different political view in a democracy does not make one a communist. Grow up and respect the political system we have. It is what makes this country so great. Oh by the way I served in the military at the end of the cold war, and Senator Kennedy and Senator Clinton aren't communist, just Americans with their own Ideas on how to make our country better. Some may differ on their political views, but they are still Americans, serving our country!
Hey Eagle, They are communists plain and simple. You don't like it, too bad! I too shed blood in the name of this country and if nothing else have earned the right to refer to those thieving coward pinkos by the name their actions and rhetoric clearly expose them to be.

Hey Eagle, They are communists plain and simple. You don't like it, too bad! I too shed blood in the name of this country and if nothing else have earned the right to refer to those thieving coward pinkos by the name their actions and rhetoric clearly expose them to be.

UND VEE VILL DEE-STROY ZEM IN DER NAME UFF DER FADERLAND!

Lemme guess...12E...and you got 'em at "Jack Boots 'R Us"?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back