• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Senate hearing re Regional airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One simply has to go back through all of the fatal aviation accidents and look at the numbers of civ/mil trained to make a mockery of your post.

Is this statement a result of a scientific review and study of accident reports? Or is it your belief? What are the objective (not subjective) numbers? Did you take into account the environmental and operational differences of military aviation that place the aviators in a flight regime of much higher risk? Is there a way to compare flying no higher that 5-20 feet above the highest obstacle for five hours with your vision no better than 20/100 at night versus part 121, part 135, and G.A? Do you think comparing those types of operation to a take off from 27L @ PHL and flying 2.5 to MKE for a coupled ILS to a visual is accurate?

Just wondering, you seem certain of your hypothesis but do not support it with a study or your own numbers.

Give congress a few months then all the foot stomping and speeches will go away and the "Regional Airlines" will be back to hiring whoever will take close to minium wages to fly 50 plus people and passengers will go on Priceline to name their own CHEAP price.

Is this statement a result of a scientific review and study of accident reports? Or is it your belief? What are the objective (not subjective) numbers? Did you take into account the environmental and operational differences of military aviation that place the aviators in a flight regime of much higher risk? Is there a way to compare flying no higher that 5-20 feet above the highest obstacle for five hours with your vision no better than 20/100 at night versus part 121, part 135, and G.A? Do you think comparing those types of operation to a take off from 27L @ PHL and flying 2.5 to MKE for a coupled ILS to a visual is accurate?

Just wondering, you seem certain of your hypothesis but do not support it with a study or your own numbers.

I made not have been clear. Go back and research the NTSB site and look at the "headline grabbing accidents in civil aviation. Then look at the backgrounds of the aviators involved in them. It may surprise your ego to find out what the background of the majority of them are.

At the same time, there are pure civilian cockpits which have met the same fate. Therefore, my point stands:

Give me a well trained, HUMBLE, pilot from either sector who knows that they don't know it all, and the operation will be successful.

I made not have been clear. Go back and research the NTSB site and look at the "headline grabbing accidents in civil aviation. Then look at the backgrounds of the aviators involved in them. It may surprise your ego to find out what the background of the majority of them are.

At the same time, there are pure civilian cockpits which have met the same fate. Therefore, my point stands:

Give me a well trained, HUMBLE, pilot from either sector who knows that they don't know it all, and the operation will be successful.

You presume too much to speak of my ego. You jack and sh!t about me.
But thanks for the clarification, you made a statement with no objective data to support it.

You presume too much to speak of my ego. You jack and sh!t about me.
But thanks for the clarification, you made a statement with no objective data to support it.

It's all on the NTSB site. I'd call that objective. Do your own research. Until then, don't go away mad, just go away.

It's all on the NTSB site. I'd call that objective. Do your own research. Until then, don't go away mad, just go away.

Why should someone else spend time trying to find info to back up a silly claim that you made? You made the statement and won't/can't back it up. You made the statement, you do the leg work. It's not my job to support your beliefs. I'm just highlighting your inability to back up a claim.

And I'm not mad, why would you think that? Calling someone out on a foolish claim does not get me riled up. My EGO is more sturdy than that, is yours?

Congress will do nothing meaninful to raise standards or to help pilots. They will hold hearings but nothing will come of it. The public will quickly forget. Remember, the public wants cheap tickets and Congress wants a happy public.

ATP for an FO??? I understand the concept, but more single engine time in a piston (prob single pilot or cfi) isnt going to help much in a multi engine turbine,crew environment at 37,000 feet, flying arrivals/departures into some of the most busiest airports in the country.

Latest resources

Back