• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Segrave/Pegasus Elite Aviation in NC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It appears that they are chartering their own aircraft now. Did their contract with Sentient go away (Like Travel Managements)?

Anyone ever heard of having to sign a training contract at recurrent? After signing an initial contract for a year.

Sounds fishy. I wouldn't do it. They don't seem to value their employees - there seem to be much better operators out there. Good luck!

I hada friend who went there as a Hawker FO. He tried toget me to go over too, and I actually scheduled and interview. Based on all the info I found I decided against hte info, but my buddykept trying to convince me all the way through his training. Then after he was on line the e-mails got further apart. He said he was working a lot. Then suddenly he didnt respond to e-mails at all. I got the impression from the last conversation that it wasnt as rosy as he had believed.

The long and short of it

Yes there is a recurrent and an intitial contract there. Beechjet caps start at 300/day with a minimum of 14 days a month. Per diem at 45. They don't tell you about the recurrent contract until after indoc. Sometimes the half pay is a shock too during training. The original schedule was 9 and 5 then it went to 8 and 6. When it was 9 and 5 they would stay out longer then that often. And sometimes asked to come out before 5 days off. Currently they are running a 7 on 8 off schedule. There was talk that you could get twenty days of work per month. Because of "financial" problems there has been over hiring to get rid of some pilots who they deem to be problematic. Now all the pilots are on the minimum schedule. However still unknown when you go to work, or when you get home. So the person who asked NJ or segrave. Well nj 18 day flex is 18K higher then left seat bj captain. Do the math. Good luck

My buddy just left there and said during the interview it sounded good but once your online for about a month it quickly goes downhill. I might think twice !

Did they lay off a bunch of pilots recently? I spoke with someone who said that he along with a bunch of other guys got laid off.

They didn't get laid off they got fired. The company had recently hired a bunch of new pilots. Then the company had said that because of "slow times" they were putting everybody on the minimum days schedule. Which didn't really make sense because they just hired a bunch of people. Then they fired guys at random. There is no seniority. They were told it was because of a slow down. Sounds fishy to me.

Does Charlie Sierra still work there or did he get fired from yet another job??? I here he is pushing real hard to lump himself with the other 70 RIF pilots at Flops in hopes he will get his job back with the new contract even though he was fired way before the mass firing for pissing off an owner and every pilot he was paired up with.

Hi.

There HAS been a slowdown in charter in the past few months, which caused problems at Sentient, and others. Bookings have been down.

cliff
YIP

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back