• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Segrave/Pegasus Elite Aviation in NC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't work for Seagrave but, we're seeing the same thing here in Cali! We were pretty busy for August but now it seems to be a lull between back to school (summer vacays) and ski season. And frac a/c being for sale in the Controller Mag, companies do this to help sell fractional shares. You might see all the a/c they have in there. Doesn't mean they're getting rid of any.

Why don't Seagrave pilots leave?

Clearly not many fans of Seagrave on this board. I hear everyone being super negative. Understood. With that said, I hear their Hawker 1000s all over the place (Lima Romeos). They must still have a lot of pilots flying for them - I heard maybe 3-4 of them flying yesterday.

So, why do their pilots stay with them? I thought there would be a major exodus by now... These threads indicate they don't pay well and their boss is a major jackhole. Are there any positives with Seagrave? Are the Hawker 1000s well maintained and nice to fly? Just curious... Do they have training bonds that prevent them from leaving? Is it that the job market sucks and nobody wants to leave due to a lack of jobs? What's the deal????? Are conditions improving or getting worse?

PMs from current Seagrave pilots or people in the know would be welcome.

Last edited:
The Hawker 1000s are junk. THats why there were never many made. I saw two yesterday torn apart at Hawker Beech. My friends that fly them say they break constantly. THe story with the company is that they tell you theres a schedule and there really isn't. They will leave you on the road until they don't need you. The pay sucks. The management has no clue. The dispatchers aren't real dispatchers and they haven't a clue what they are doing. With the economy the way it is people aren't leaving because there aren't a lot of places that are hiring. They will lie to people to at interviews to get you to come there, so watch out. All in all I would stay as far from this place as you can. I told a friend of mine who lost his job to check for a job with walmart greeter before going here.

Yes they have a contract, it's a joke too. People leave and they never come after you. They make you sign a recurrent contract every year.

Recently a lot of people left because a lot of their money came from Merrill Lynch. Well, they don't exist anymore and Bank of America announced they are going to try to reclaim $7bil in bad investments......hmmmmm

Cry Baby Blues

The Hawker 1000s are junk. THats why there were never many made. I saw two yesterday torn apart at Hawker Beech. My friends that fly them say they break constantly. THe story with the company is that they tell you theres a schedule and there really isn't. They will leave you on the road until they don't need you. The pay sucks. The management has no clue. The dispatchers aren't real dispatchers and they haven't a clue what they are doing. With the economy the way it is people aren't leaving because there aren't a lot of places that are hiring. They will lie to people to at interviews to get you to come there, so watch out. All in all I would stay as far from this place as you can. I told a friend of mine who lost his job to check for a job with walmart greeter before going here.

Yes they have a contract, it's a joke too. People leave and they never come after you. They make you sign a recurrent contract every year.

Recently a lot of people left because a lot of their money came from Merrill Lynch. Well, they don't exist anymore and Bank of America announced they are going to try to reclaim $7bil in bad investments......hmmmmm

It is quite obvious you don't have a clue what your are talking about. All you seem to refer to, is your friend that works there, and if he dosen't like it, then he should go get that Wal Mart greeter position that you think is so great.

Anyone who has ever flown Part 135 should know by now, that there is NO SCHEDULE! It is not a Part 121 operation, although the company TRIES to have a schedule, it is very hard to maintain one, since there are many pilots, just like you, who seem to think in a Part 135 world that all you have to do is, work 3 or 4 days and then have off 3 or 4 days.
The way things are today, you better be happy you even have a job, since a lot of companies are laying off and closing there doors.

If you remember last summer all the rave about Pinnacle Air in Springdale AR., well aren't we all lucky that we didn't make the mad dash to work for such a GREAT operation. For those unfortunate people who did make the move, they are all out on the street, since the company parked everything they owned.

My suggestion to you would be, do some research before opening your mouth about something you no nothing about, and listen less to negative information.

Grow up and get a life, because there is no FREE lunch in the aviation world.

It is quite obvious you don't have a clue what your are talking about. All you seem to refer to, is your friend that works there, and if he dosen't like it, then he should go get that Wal Mart greeter position that you think is so great.

Anyone who has ever flown Part 135 should know by now, that there is NO SCHEDULE! It is not a Part 121 operation, although the company TRIES to have a schedule, it is very hard to maintain one, since there are many pilots, just like you, who seem to think in a Part 135 world that all you have to do is, work 3 or 4 days and then have off 3 or 4 days.
The way things are today, you better be happy you even have a job, since a lot of companies are laying off and closing there doors.

If you remember last summer all the rave about Pinnacle Air in Springdale AR., well aren't we all lucky that we didn't make the mad dash to work for such a GREAT operation. For those unfortunate people who did make the move, they are all out on the street, since the company parked everything they owned.

My suggestion to you would be, do some research before opening your mouth about something you no nothing about, and listen less to negative information.

Grow up and get a life, because there is no FREE lunch in the aviation world.

Dunno dude, his rant sure sounds a lot like the substantiated feedback i've heard around the FBO's. And I too have a friend that said they lie to you in the interview and keep you on the road until you're so overdue to come home that you nearly quit. Oh, and the pay blows, but who can complain with this economy really.

I heard they were being sold to a certain operator based in the Kilo Charlie Victor Golf....

I work there and it is not as bad as it seems. The pay is ok not the best by far. The insurance sux. The schedules on the Pegasus are 7 and 7. or 8 and 6 on the Pegasus side. Thats up to you on what you want to do. The will ask you to stay out but, if you say no then thats it. Alot of the Pilots will work more and are scared to speek up when its there go how day. We do have one person in MGT. no one has any respect for. The mx issues are more from not parking them long enough to do mx or lack of part. It's what you make of it. If you don't need someone to hold your hand when you are handed over the jet then you will be fine.

Latest resources

Back